FWB

here is a question I want to pose . I have a coworker who I have know for about a year . And have gone out as a group with our coworkers several times . This past week she confided in me she has thought about me as a FWB . We have texted and sent pics about  a week now . she is a very private person and due to bad relationships avoid them . I sent her a text and she responded that she wanted to go back as friends because I might want more? I am confused 

Maybe she read romance into your texts? 

I have to agree with Cap here, this is all red flag territory. She is manipulating you for no positive ends. The Co-worker level just adds to the size of the flag, probably even a fog horn.

I would advise slowly and politely fading her out of your circle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LouisMckay said:

I have a coworker who I have know for about a year . This past week she confided in me she has thought about me as a FWB . 

Sounds like a set up for a sexual harassment issue at work. Steer clear of this mess. Stop texting or sexting her about FWB or anything sexual for that matter. 

Date outside of work. Be polite and professional with her, that's it. 

• Like 2

FWB can be challenging enough outside of work. Doing this with a coworker is inviting a disaster to occur. Remove yourself from this situation ASAP. Keep it professorial and set boundaries between your work and personal life, it’s for the best. I would certainly never advise “pics” be exchanged with a coworker. That would be something I save for a long term partner (if pic sharing is your thing), not a FWB and certainly not someone at work. Those can resurface and ruin one or both of your careers. 

• Like 3

You’re just coworkers and acquaintances- she’s certainly not a good friend - so avoid her suggestion of a sex arrangement. Imagine if there’s drama - you could lose your job and owe child support. Hmmm. Surely you can find a sex partner elsewhere?? I met my husband at work so I’m a big fan of office relationships under certain conditions. This is not a potential relationship. It’s a sex partner. 

Be kind and professional whenever your paths cross at work, but don't say another word about a personal relationship, especially in writing.

Save all texts from her that demonstrate her willingness to participate in any exchanges you made, and hope that you don't end up needing to 'splain them to HR.

The girl sounds flakey, and that can harm you.

• Like 1

She may have re considered for her own good. Fear of getting emotionally attached, so she backed out of this idea.

Is often harder for women to keep it straight fwb.

So, leave it be and as other's have mentioned.  Keep your work place professional.  Deal with the idea of personal relationships outside the workplace.  Then no confusion or awkwardness 😉 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SooSad33 said:

She may have re considered for her own good. Fear of getting emotionally attached, so she backed out of this idea.

So, leave it be and as other's have mentioned.  Keep your work place professional.  Deal with the idea of personal relationships outside the workplace.  Then no confusion or awkwardness 😉 

I think friendships and also dating people who work in the same company but not with you is fine and a really good way to meet people. I think sexting or flirting with a sexual arrangement in mind is a bad idea at the workplace even if you don’t work together. And could get you in trouble. 

Find someone else.

Don't get involved with co workers.

Concentrate on your job.

Don't mess up your income and reputation.

Also you may give off vibes that you perhaps are/could be catching feelings for her and would want to be in a relationship.

She doesn't want that.

Leave her alone.. again stop becoming involved with co workers.

16 hours ago, SooSad33 said:

It's hard for Some women. Not all.

She may backed out because of him