After 3 months of strict no contact and being dumped, my ex texted me.

My (F,26) ex (M,24) dumped me back in July for coldly and harshly. He was so mean about it. We were together for two years. Come to find out he was cheating on me. He never told me that in the end but instead made a bunch of excuses and was just really mean to me. 2 weeks after dumping me he immediately got with someone else - a girl who used to shoot up heroin, has assault charges on her for beating up her boyfriends, etc. 

I went full no contact from the start. No begging, no pleading, no calls, no texts, nothing.

Last Wednesday, at around noon after 3 months from the breakup he texted me and asked, “Sorry to ask but do you happen to have any of my carrhart sweatshirts?” And the weekend prior to this, all of our mutual friends had a bonfire and my name got brought up - I guess he was being super anti-social at the bonfire and when I got brought up he quickly made an exit after that.

I don’t even know what to say. And after 3 months, why is he contacting me about his sweatshirts? I have not responded and I do not have any of his stuff.

4 hours ago, sunnydaze8 said:

Last Wednesday, at around noon after 3 months from the breakup he texted me and asked, “Sorry to ask but do you happen to have any of my carrhart sweatshirts?” 

Sorry this happened. It sounds like you dodged a bullet. 

Whenever an ex contacts you, it's for their own reasons. Dry spell, lonely, just got dumped, wants easy sex, etc.

Delete and block him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps.

Avoid him altogether and ask friends to not give you updates about him.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, sunnydaze8 said:

I went full no contact from the start.

No you didn't. You should have blocked him immediately and told your friends you didn't want news of him. Never too late to do that, so do so now.

As you can see, he has made himself present in your life again, bringing him forefront into your mind, setting you back to square one for closure. 

Time to block him completely so you can get on with your healing and moving on stages. It doesn't matter why he does what he does. As the saying goes, "When the past comes knocking, don't answer. It has nothing new to say."

• Like 1

block him. you will save yourself a lot more heart ache. this guy is a damaged human being. you definitely do not want a guy that cheats and no way do you want a guy that slept with a drug user. 

He basically ruined his life- let him. 

I'm sorry he did this to you.  You deserve better and you will find better.  Be strong. Eff him! Total loser!😡

You are a winner don't let yourself be dragged down!  ❤️

He's trying to see if you're a fool/still under his control enough to go back to him.

He also could have been dumped, feeling horny or lonely, and he's testing out the waters with you.

However, he belongs to the street. Block him and tell people you don't want to hear about him. This guy is so low.

You've got better standards and you can do much better. Kudos for not replying back!

8 minutes ago, HeartGoesOn said:

How was he able to contact you after going "strict no contact?"  I'm sorry, but apparently you left a door open.

At any rate after he demonstrated what he's all about, don't get burned by the same flame twice.  You owe him nothing, and you can do much better.

By strict no contact, I’m saying I have not spoken to him once since the day he dumped me.