So it is only DAY 5 and I made my first mistake by taking her call. She called late last night and for some reason I answered it. She already called earlier during the day, but she just want to chat. I felt I was almost over her maybe thats was I take the call. She went on and asked me if I am dating someone, how's my family and what did i do over the weekend. Sounds like she wants to meet up, but before I let the conversation goes too long I kindly ended it.

Honestly it does affect my emotional a little bit. But that doesn't stop me from doing the NC. I hope not to make the same mistake again, but if i do, i will be a much stronger person.

DN has a good point. Sure it might be an ego boost but if she ever really cared about you I'd tell her something like this.

", I'm sorry I haven't called you. The problem is you've gotten over me and moved on with your life and I'm happy for you, but you calling me all the time isn't allowing me to get over you and move on with my life. If you ever really cared for me you'll do this one last thing for me and not contact me. I'll contact you when or if I'm ready to do so. I need to get over you and having you call me all the time is painful and making it very hard for me to heal."

Or something along that line.

Just my $0.02.

And don't worry, no one thinks you're stupid. You just miss your ex, there's nothing wrong with that. Hopefully your next attempt at NC will last until you're healed, but if it doesn't please don't beat yourself up about it. It only means that you still care about your ex. Just pickup and start NC again. Trust me, it does get easier.