Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Been on a real spicy kick lately, let me know your recommendations!

LikeWater

I don't why, but I used to have nearly 0 spice tolerance to now I can't find something spicy enough.  I'm not trying to eat the world's hottest chilis like ghost peppers or whatever, but generally savory foods with some nice kick in them.

So you know how it's very complimentary to add mozzarella with tomato?   I have this very hot salsa that's homemade by a friend and thought, what's the difference?  And I gotta say... that s*** was amazing.  Maybe because cheese is milk-based but man, that was good.

But anyhoo, recommend anything?

24 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Pico Pica hot sauce, Herdez salsa, Cholula hot sauce.  Cardenas market also has an excellent spicy guacamole sauce.  Yum.

I really like a good quality hot dog topped with guac, cheese and hot sauce or chunky salsa.

I had something kinda similar last night.  I made a sausage based casadilla (the sausage was already spicy) and added my salsa on top.  It was FIRE, taste and spice-wise.

13 minutes ago, LikeWater said:

casadilla

I've never heard of this.  What are the origins and can you describe the components?

12 minutes ago, LikeWater said:

You, just get out.  Sorry you can't handle spice.

Hm, not nice.  Maybe ignore those whose responses you find unhelpful instead?

11 minutes ago, LikeWater said:

A casadilla is basically toasted tortiila with varied contents inside.  Usually something like chicken and steak, sometimes just cheese, and the 'bread' is pan-toasted.  Probably explaining it poorly, but it's of Mexican origin.

Oh, you mean a quesadilla.

I'm Mexican American so I'm very familiar with a quesadilla.