It may be the last days of our beautiful Queen

May her memory be for a blessing. My husband and son are part British. My mother told me last night when she was a teenager she watched the coronation. When I was a teenager I watched Diana and Charles wedding. I feel sad and also awestruck and inspired. I’ll also add that we got to watch the Paddington and Queen scene in full yesterday. Loved it !! Thanks for posting this Seraphim. 

• Like 1
Just now, Batya33 said:

May her memory be for a blessing. My husband and son are part British. My mother told me last night when she was a teenager she watched the coronation. When I was a teenager I watched Diana and Charles wedding. I feel sad and also awestruck and inspired. I’ll also add that we got to watch the Paddington and Queen scene in full yesterday. Loved it !! Thanks for posting this Seraphim. 

I am half British and my husband’s parents are British. I was raised though singing God Save The Queen and taught a lot of British History at school and the fact Canada is a Constitutional Monarchy and she was Queen of Canada. My mom finds it less important but she is French Canadian so it is neither here or there for her. 

• Like 1
On 9/8/2022 at 2:23 PM, Seraphim said:

Correct she is a queen consort which means she is the wife of a king. There are three types of queens. A Queen Consort which is the wife of a King. A Queen Regent which is a queen who reigns for a minor child. And finally a Queen Regnant Who is the queen who reigns  in her own right, which is what Queen Elizabeth II was, she was a queen in her own right. 

I learnt something new about the different types of queens!

I wonder how the new reign will be like. Queen Elizabeth II was very beloved across the world.

17 hours ago, greendots said:

I wonder how the new reign will be like. Queen Elizabeth II was very beloved across the world.

It will be interesting. 

There is already video circulating of Charles sneering at an aide just the other day, in full view of the media there for his Proclamation Ceremony.

There have been long-standing rumours of his temper, much like William's alleged short fuse. While I am not a particular fan of the late Queen (or any of the Royals), she conducted herself with grace and dignity in public like a pro. Charles...remains to be seen. 

14 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

There is already video circulating of Charles sneering at an aide just the other day, in full view of the media there for his Proclamation Ceremony.

Sneering at an aide? Oh, boy!

14 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

she conducted herself with grace and dignity in public like a pro.

Indeed she did.

On 9/11/2022 at 6:00 AM, MissCanuck said:

It will be interesting. 

There have been long-standing rumours of his temper, much like William's alleged short fuse. While I am not a particular fan of the late Queen (or any of the Royals), she conducted herself with grace and dignity in public like a pro. Charles...remains to be seen. 

It has to be hard for him having to hit the ground running and meeting with millions of people and fly here and there and not able to privately grieve his mother . 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

It's bizarre thinking of anyone else but her in that position for me. She IS the monarchy to me.

Charles is kinda cool though lol. A little strange, a genuine environmentalist...I like him. 

I like him too. He won’t be able to fray into the political arena as Monarch though but Prince William can and does. He is another big environmentalist as was Prince Philip who was part of starting the World Wildlife Fund. 

• Like 1