Jump to content

Is my body heat off?


Recommended Posts

Over the past few years, I've experienced this strange phenomenon with pants and dehydration.

It started one hot Summer day I was driving to meet a friend for dinner. Even though my air conditioner was on, I was feeling very dehydrated and overheated. I pulled over and vomited into a towel in my backseat.

Here's the weird thing: right before I vomited, I felt this weird sensation of heat trying to escape from beneath my pant legs. (Of course, the pants were made of a fabric that was not breathable at all.) Another time, the same exact thing happened: I was wearing jeans and feeling very dehydrated, and then right before I vomited, I felt that weird sensation of hot air trying to escape from beneath my pant legs.

Suffice to say, since those incidents I haven't worn pants that don't have breathable fabric. (The idea of putting on jeans makes me wanna rip my skin off, lol.)

I've always been a huge girlie-girl and love dresses and skirts. There have been times when I've gone outside on a cool, breezy day wearing a skirt---and the cool air against my bare legs is practically an orgasm for my soul, lol. There's nothing like it.


After reading all of this, do you think perhaps my body heat is "off" in some way? Or is there some logical explanation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, midnightdeirdre said:

I was feeling very dehydrated and overheated. I pulled over and vomited into a towel in my backseat.

Or is there some logical explanation?

See your physician for an evaluation of your health. Get some tests done. Review medications you're on. In hot weather use A/C, drink plenty of cold fluids, avoid caffeine and alcohol and if you feel heat exhaustion or heat stroke drive yourself to an ER or call the EMS.

image.thumb.png.1d8cd13d01cd87f69bf3728f63f9521c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

See your physician for an evaluation of your health. Get some tests done. Review medications you're on. In hot weather use A/C, drink plenty of cold fluids, avoid caffeine and alcohol and if you feel heat exhaustion or heat stroke drive yourself to an ER or call the EMS.

Ok thank you, I'll keep this in mind for next time. But I think I was more so curious if anyone strongly feels that the heat in my legs are somehow connected to how my body handles heat. (And not very well, obviously.) I get a sense something like that is going on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will tell you though that Autistic people can be very sensitive to climate. My son is extremely sensitive to heat .  But that doesn’t mean you should be vomiting sitting in air conditioning. That requires being totally checked over by a doctor. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I will tell you though that Autistic people can be very sensitive to climate. My son is extremely sensitive to heat .  But that doesn’t mean you should be vomiting sitting in air conditioning. That requires being totally checked over by a doctor. 

Yes, you hit the nail right on the head with that autistic symptom. Also when I vomited in the car, that was a long time ago, like 5 years---and I vomited water and crackers because that's all I had eaten before I left work. I could feel the heat trying to escape from beneath my pant legs, giving me that signal that all was not going to be ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, midnightdeirdre said:

Yes, you hit the nail right on the head with that autistic symptom. Also when I vomited in the car, that was a long time ago, like 5 years---and I vomited water and crackers because that's all I had eaten before I left work. I could feel the heat trying to escape from beneath my pant legs, giving me that signal that all was not going to be ok.

You still need to be checked. Complete blood work and a heart check. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, midnightdeirdre said:

when I vomited in the car, that was a long time ago, like 5 years

Why haven't you seen a doctor since then and why post something that happened 5 Years ago? Everyone already provided excellent advice and info so what exactly are you hoping for?

Forums are Not a substitute for appropriate medical care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many glasses of plain water do you drink daily - I do 10-11 at least.  And I try to limit coffee and no soda/diet soda for the last several years.  Are you perimenopausal or menopausal? I agree totally with getting a complete workup -it doesn't matter in the least if others have felt radiating body heat from different parts of their bodies.  I know for example kids' feet can get hot when they have a temperature -it's a good way to check if there's no thermometer around.  

I'm not sure what sharing your sexual feelings when wearing a skirt had to do with your potential health and medical issue- many people like the feeling of cool air on skin depending on the situation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes drinking a lot of water is very important, especially when it's hot. Do you live in a hot climate? Is the heat only in the legs or the whole body? I would definitely see a doctor about this to get place of mind. Sometimes you can also just feel uncomfortable in certain clothes. I'm not really a pants girl myself. I usually wear comfy soft leggings and dresses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey midnightdeirdre!

 

I am definitely no expert on autism and don’t even know the basics - but I do get the impression it is unique and different for each individual? And, autistic people can have a heightened state of senses? This might explain your ability to feel heat trying to escape where your body is trapped with heavy or unbreathable material?

 

I feel for you. I get hot so easily, a “warm blooded” kinda person. And like you, I can’t stand fabric that isn’t breathable. My main criteria before I buy anything is a material check - is it 100% linen, cotton? Things like that. Polyester dresses - claustrophobic! 
 

I agree with others! Keep your water up! I am the same as Batya - I drink as much as if not more. It keeps you alert as well, keeps your skin looking fresh. Stick with the water and natural fabrics. As others have said, you could mention it to a doctor next time you are there, it wouldn’t harm. 
 

x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 3:58 PM, mylolita said:

Hey midnightdeirdre!

 

I am definitely no expert on autism and don’t even know the basics - but I do get the impression it is unique and different for each individual? And, autistic people can have a heightened state of senses? This might explain your ability to feel heat trying to escape where your body is trapped with heavy or unbreathable material?

 

I feel for you. I get hot so easily, a “warm blooded” kinda person. And like you, I can’t stand fabric that isn’t breathable. My main criteria before I buy anything is a material check - is it 100% linen, cotton? Things like that. Polyester dresses - claustrophobic! 
 

I agree with others! Keep your water up! I am the same as Batya - I drink as much as if not more. It keeps you alert as well, keeps your skin looking fresh. Stick with the water and natural fabrics. As others have said, you could mention it to a doctor next time you are there, it wouldn’t harm. 
 

x

I only drink coffee and ice water. When I had to pull over and vomit, I vomited up water and bits of crackers. I was feeling dehydrated/nauseous at work earlier (and that feeling that sensation of heat trying to escape beneath my pant legs) so I ate some crackers and drank some water. That obviously didn't help. 

To say that autistic people have heightened state of senses is like saying the Pope is very Catholic, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, midnightdeirdre said:

I only drink coffee and ice water. When I had to pull over and vomit, I vomited up water and bits of crackers. I was feeling dehydrated/nauseous at work earlier (and that feeling that sensation of heat trying to escape beneath my pant legs) so I ate some crackers and drank some water. That obviously didn't help. 

To say that autistic people have heightened state of senses is like saying the Pope is very Catholic, lol.

Have you sought medical advice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, midnightdeirdre said:

I have not, I don't feel it's drastic enough for that. For one thing, what will they tell me to do about it? "Just keep wearing skirts, that seems to solve the problem."

The goal would be to rule out one of the silent killers. Sometimes our bodies whisper warnings, and it's up to us to pay attention.

Fingers crossed for you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, catfeeder said:

The goal would be to rule out one of the silent killers. Sometimes our bodies whisper warnings, and it's up to us to pay attention.

Fingers crossed for you.

Yes- please OP don't dismiss this sort of wild swing in temperature where you throw up from it.  You get bloodwork to rule out a host of things like anemia, an infection, get your thyroid checked, etc - I'm not a doctor or a healthcare person but I know that's what I would have done if I had such unusual and concerning symptoms.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...