Girl told her mom about me, good sign right?

So I’ve been talking to this girl for sometime and we’ve met a few times and so on. Things have went well. So the other day we were sitting on the couch and her mom called her. They started talking but I wasn’t really listening (she stayed on the couch). When they were done she turned and said “my mom says hi”. So I looked at her, smiled and said aww you’ve told your mom about me? She looked at me , smiled and said “don’t get weird” (while smiling) I’ve talked about you. 

That’s a good sign right? I would think so?

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Kwothe28 said:

It doesnt really matter until you get introduced officialy.

Speaking for myself, it doesn't even matter if you're introduced officially! It never meant anything to me to bring a boyfriend by my mom's house on a weekend or to a family function.

Actually, when my current boyfriend and I were beginning the 2nd year of our relationship, my cousin smacked him on the back and said, "You're still here!" That kind of irked my boyfriend a little, so I got him a T-shirt that read "I'M STILL HERE." 😅 It's a joke between us now. 

But the point is, I brought the guys I was dating around because I enjoyed spending time with them and I wanted everyone to know each other. But my relationships rarely lasted more than 4 - 7 months before I turned 35.

On the flip side of that, I got dragged into meeting the parents of a couple of guys on the first date!!! Those relationship never went anywhere, either 🤣

3 hours ago, Jibralta said:

Speaking for myself, it doesn't even matter if you're introduced officially! It never meant anything to me to bring a boyfriend by my mom's house on a weekend or to a family function.

It depends on a person and culture I guess. Here you dont get introduced unless its serious. Parents approve or disapprove(creates a problem on its own if they disapprove), get attached, and then if its not serious or lasts long, you are left with ankwardly having to explain to them how and why. It can create a mess. Now imagine doing it for every girl/guy you had something since you started dating. And you have a problem. I know a girl whos dad literally told her "Daughter, next one we get introduced better be son-in-law". But we are more attached to parents here. So its a big step to introduce somebody to your family and that it goes smoothly. 

2 hours ago, Kwothe28 said:

It depends on a person and culture I guess. Here you dont get introduced unless its serious.

I noticed that when I dated a Bulgarian guy. He thought it was a really big deal. I was like, "Dude, relax.  It means nothing." Even so, he declined interaction with any of my family. Interestingly, he introduced me to all of his friends, his brother, and his mom when they flew in from Bulgaria. Definitely a cultural difference!

• Like 1