Should I be worried about the colleague he "never mentioned"?

So my husband is doing his Masters abroad and I recently found out from LinkedIn that one of his old classmates (from Bachelors) who we personally know is also currently doing her Masters in the same university as him. And she is doing the same major at the same time with my husband but he never mentioned that to me. 

He always talks about his classmates but do you think it's strange that he never mentioned that this girl who we know personally from home is also taking the same courses abroad with him?

Am I overthinking this or is it actually fishy?

18 minutes ago, Pleasenosocks said:

So my husband is doing his Masters abroad and I recently found out from LinkedIn that one of his old classmates (from Bachelors) who we personally know is also currently doing her Masters in the same university as him.

How long have you been together? How long have you been apart? When did you last visit each other? Having coworkers and alumni on LinkedIn is the norm. Is there a reason you don't trust him?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Is there a reason you don't trust him?

I second this. Do you feel there's maybe a reason to not trust him?

He's doing his studies & they know each other from their past school etc. Do you know if they've often socialized extensively on social media?

Not sure you should worry too much, as I'm sure she knows that HE is married, right?

Is he going to be gone a long while?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pleasenosocks said:

So my husband is doing his Masters abroad and I recently found out from LinkedIn that one of his old classmates (from Bachelors) who we personally know is also currently doing her Masters in the same university as him. And she is doing the same major at the same time with my husband but he never mentioned that to me. 

He always talks about his classmates but do you think it's strange that he never mentioned that this girl who we know personally from home is also taking the same courses abroad with him?

Am I overthinking this or is it actually fishy?

He's likely very busy and simply didn't think to mention it.  

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

How long have you been together? How long have you been apart? When did you last visit each other? Having coworkers and alumni on LinkedIn is the norm. Is there a reason you don't trust him?

20 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Has he ever given you reason not to trust him? Have you ever given him a reason not to want to tell you. Often, we keep things that are entirely innocent from our spouses because we fear of how they'll react.  Did you ask your husband? If not, just casually say, "Why didn't you tell me..." You have to cast the line and reel it in to know if there's anything fishy. Good luck. 

20 hours ago, Batya33 said:

^^^  I  agree with this.  Sometimes, we interpret things in a different way.  You thought it was strange that your husband didn't mention it.  He probably didn't see it as a big deal and simply didn't mentioned it, or completely forgot about it.  Perhaps he will mention it, if he thinks about it.  If it continues to haunt you, you may want to casually mention it.