My (F,26) now ex boyfriend (M,24) broke up yesterday after 2 years. I am so lost and broken.

He is displaying classic behavior of someone who has found someone else.

What sometimes helps is doing the opposite of what you told him to do--instead of remembering the good times, focus on his faults and times that weren't so great (like his behavior over the last couple of weeks, for example).  I'm sure he has other faults too, go ahead and make a list.  It can take a while but at some point you start to realize that you are better off without him.  It doesn't happen overnight, it's a process unfortunately.  In the meantime, it really is a blessing that he deleted you from his socials.

Feel free to trash talk him to your friends.  That might sound petty but it can give you some perspective, in addition to feeling like you're getting a little bit of "revenge" as it were.  Put yourself first, and I mean WAY first, and do whatever makes you feel better.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

To me it sounds like he has found somebody else, and is trying to find any reason to split with you, hence you know really knowing what he means.

My advice? NO Contact. Block and delete him from everything. Cry, scream, shout do whatever but don't message him. When you love somebody, even through the hardtimes you don't treat them like that. He's a coward. Good riddance.