Kissing someone with a girlfriend

Hi I need some advice, last week I found out my boyfriend cheated on me. I was distraught and ended things with him. I felt really alone earlier in the week and reached out to one of my old boy best friends who I haven't spoke to in a year or so. We have slept together a few times but this was about 4 years ago. He's been someone who I have been able to speak to about anything and I was really struggling. He was there for me and said he would take me out on a drive in a couple days. We went last night and I spoke to him about how low I've been feeling and we had a deep chat and I felt a lot better. After a while we ended up kissing and both felt really bad as he now has a girlfriend and this was never our intentions. 

this is like everything I'm against as I have been cheated on twice and its ruined me. We've decided to brush it under the rug and not speak about it again and we both want to keep talking but keep it strictly friends only. 

Am I a bad person and should I cut contact with him or do you think we can still be friends and it's ok to do this.

1 hour ago, anon1234xx said:

I a bad person and should I cut contact with him or do you think we can still be friends and it's ok to do this.

Sorry this happened. How long were you dating?

You're more than friends so you need to step back. You could have gone to anyone for comfort, not an ex.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anon1234xx said:

do you think we can still be friends and it's ok to do this.

No, and no. 

You two have crossed a line. Would you be okay with your (now ex-) boyfriend staying friends with the girl he cheated on you with?

• Like 2

I know we get lost within our own feelings when hurt and not think right.... BUT this habit of reaching out to him can't happen again. You need to cut him off for everyone's sake. Next time if you need someone to talk to find a GF to do that with over a glass of wine with some cheering up chatter.

• Like 1

Whether consciously or subconsciously, I wonder if you went to him to get your boyfriend back.  You could have talked to a female friend or someone you've never slept with, but you went to him and surprise, surprise, something happened.  Now he's in the position of having cheated on his girlfriend, or least behaved very inappropriately.  How do you think she would feel if she knew he is friends with someone he's had sex with and that her boyfriend sneaks off for intimate chats/kissing sessions?

Fix things with your boyfriend if you want, or leave him.  Keep this other man well out of the mess, particularly his girlfriend who's done nothing to deserve it.

• Like 2