I need opinion from girls perspective

Hi, I’ve been friends with this girl for a while now and we both agreed that we’re friends. We get along really well and some people even think that we’re a couple. Few days ago she got drunk and started writing interesting things to me. For example she told me that I would be a perfect boyfriend for a girl and etc. But the most interesting message was “ My ex told me that we will definitely get together someday “ and then deleted the message😅. Could any female redit users comment on this. I’m wondering if I’m overthinking this or not. I’m usually one of those guyz that miss obvious things.

1 hour ago, makavelii said:

Hi, I’ve been friends with this girl for a while now and we both agreed that we’re friends. We get along really well and some people even think that we’re a couple. Few days ago she got drunk and started writing interesting things to me. For example she told me that I would be a perfect boyfriend for a girl and etc. But the most interesting message was “ My ex told me that we will definitely get together someday “ and then deleted the message😅. Could any female redit users comment on this. I’m wondering if I’m overthinking this or not. I’m usually one of those guyz that miss obvious things.

Are you confident enough to ask her out? Or old enough to date?

She seems to like you. How often does she drink or get drunk?

21 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

Are you confident enough to ask her out? Or old enough to date?

She seems to like you. How often does she drink or get drunk?

It’s not really about confidence, but about circumstances. 

Yea we both get drunk pretty often🫡. But Not that often together because she works in different country.

1 minute ago, makavelii said:

It’s not really about confidence, but about circumstances. 

Yea we both get drunk pretty often🫡. But Not that often together because she works in diferent country.

Have you met her in person? 

As you get older drinking becomes less and less attractive in a partner.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

Have you met her in person? 

As you get older drinking becomes less and less attractive in a partner.

ofcourse I had, actually a week ago I got few days off my job and took her to see my home town and we had a great time. Before that we hadn’t seen each other for almost half a year.

Yea in my country we start partying pretty young, at least I did😅. I’m 22 now.

Are you going to be able to afford a long distance relationship if you two decide to date? When you're both 22 and partying separately in your own towns, how likely is it you will both want monogamy if you only see each other twice a year? This is the time of your life you'll be meeting a huge pool of singles your age. Are you both able to avoid temptation surround by attractive people every week if rarely get to see each other? For an LDR to work, there needs to be a plan of closing the distance, with one person being yanked away from friends and family, which will at least initially bring stress to the couple.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Andrina said:

Are you going to be able to afford a long distance relationship if you two decide to date? When you're both 22 and partying separately in your own towns, how likely is it you will both want monogamy if you only see each other twice a year? This is the time of your life you'll be meeting a huge pool of singles your age. Are you both able to avoid temptation surround by attractive people every week if rarely get to see each other? For an LDR to work, there needs to be a plan of closing the distance, with one person being yanked away from friends and family, which will at least initially bring stress to the couple.

I’m not really stresing about these things right now. I’m just really curious if she likes me because if she does I’m really dumb 😅. I made this post to see other opinions.

27 minutes ago, makavelii said:

I’m not really stresing about these things right now. I’m just really curious if she likes me because if she does I’m really dumb 😅. I made this post to see other opinions.

Until you date each other in person and find out whether you have any chemistry in consecutive dates, you won't know. The question seems dumb because it's not a very reasonable one and like many posts here from many individuals before you, you're trying to find out whether someone is into you before you get to know them while dating them. From her comments she likes talking with you. That's about it.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, reinventmyself said:

What her intentions are only really matters if you are interested in something more than friendship.

You didn't elaborate. . .Are you interested in something more?

I do like her, but I’m not interested. I appreciate your comments. I made up my mind. I will talk to her tomorow.

• Like 1
On 7/22/2022 at 12:22 PM, makavelii said:

I do like her, but I’m not interested. I appreciate your comments. I made up my mind. I will talk to her tomorow.

This isn't really the kind of thing that requires 'a talk'. Just fail to pick up on any innuendo she throws your way, and limit your convo time to what you'd spend with any other friend.

This is long distance--you don't need to worry about it turning into a 'thing' unless you want it to go that way. It takes TWO, not one.

On 7/22/2022 at 7:07 AM, makavelii said:

I try to never assume... because I hate being proven wrong. But I would be surprised if she wasn't. Are you interested in her,? How long have you been friends? I ask because if you try it and it doesn't work out, it's rare that you can go back to being friends. But if you're willing to risk it....

It sounds like she's sending out signals and trying to measure your response. Do the same. If she says "if" and "someday", say something like, "Nah, I think I'll go to my grave wondering what it's like to kiss you." If she's on the hook, that will reel her in. 

She's definitely thought about you on a romantic level. Sometimes we can confuse our feelings when we're close to someone of the opposite gender, but it definitely seems like she could be interested in crossing that boundary with you and becoming romantically involved. 

The only way you're going to know for sure is if you directly ask her about it, or, take the leap and ask her out on a date!