Still waiting to start a family after been with my boyfriend of 9 years. Completely stuck.

5 hours ago, Batya33 said:

I agree. If she marries someone with fertility issues that would be an option! I personally don't agree otherwise.  And it sounds like you were joking.  From all the OP wrote she wants to have a baby in a two-parent family with a father and married to the father.  

Well I wasn't completely joking. Using a sperm donor is always an option, though I'm not sure how much it costs in different countries. Here in Australia you actually have mostly free medical care called Medicare. My previous gynaecologist worked for IVF and he said you get money back from Medicare and it was going to be about $2000 out of pocket. This is just to do the donor sperm insertion procedure. 

I agree with you that OP isn't old and she can still meet other men. But freezing her eggs and using a donor are also other options. I was talking about that seriously because it was something I had considered in the past myself. 

6 minutes ago, Tinydance said:

Well I wasn't completely joking. Using a sperm donor is always an option, though I'm not sure how much it costs in different countries.

It's very clear to me she wants to have a child with a man in a committed marriage.  Using a sperm donor and having a baby on one's own is an option for someone who doesn't prioritize raising a child with a committed partner over the desire to have a child.  She seems to prioritize the former.

3 hours ago, Hhbgff said:

I am trying to get to a place in life where i can figure out what i really want and need. 

I'm so glad you found a therapist you like and connect with!  Do you mean you actually might not really want marriage and family? That would be enlightening and unusual for sure but sometimes through therapy that is exactly what happens!  I hope your therapist pushes you to be far more specific and personal other than the "place in life" and "figure out" - it's so easy to grab onto abstract concepts and harder to implement -even in small ways so I hope this therapist can help you do that.