3 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Sorry this happened, but it's best to cut your losses early on.

Way too many red flags. What, exactly, did you call him out on? Drinking, lying, standing you up, barhopping? There's just so much to choose from.

I told him he wasn’t emotionally available and used examples. He said he liked me but couldn’t commit. Basically everything he said until this point was a lie. Very manipulative. He still insisted he bought the ticket. I really did dodge a bullet.

37 minutes ago, feral_racoon_gf said:

I told him he wasn’t emotionally available and used examples. He said he liked me but couldn’t commit. Basically everything he said until this point was a lie. Very manipulative. He still insisted he bought the ticket. I really did dodge a bullet.

I don't believe that for a moment. He couldn't commit, yet bought a plane ticket? Nah. He bought one for himself but not for you. 

It's great to hear you ended this, though. It was clear he wasn't into it anymore and there's no sense wasting your time on him any longer.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, feral_racoon_gf said:

He said he liked me but couldn’t commit. Basically everything he said until this point was a lie. Very manipulative. I really did dodge a bullet.

Well, your topic title said it all, so you're instincts were correct.

• Like 1

Sad to say, but I have to agree with those who have said there are too many red flags, and your instincts that he's just not that into are probably correct.

He either has met someone else, or he's just not wanting a serious relationship or who knows?

But I'm not sure it matters - he's not that engaged in the relationship, so what's the point, to heck with him, or that's how I see it.

As a guy, if I like someone, they will know it.   And I think that's true for both sexes actually.  There are probably a few people of both sexes who keep their feelings so close to the vest that they are really into you but you don't know it, but I think for the most part, it's not rocket science to know if someone is into you or not, so if it feels like he's not that into you,  he's probably not, and frankly who needs him, especially if he's a big drinker and unreliable.

• Like 1