What is the meaning of love?

kamurj

Question

8 answers to this question

Responsibility to do the right thing and NOT do the wrong thing!  Be honorable and everything else will fall into place.  Make sure both parties are on the same page.  Love is treating each other with respect.

I don't think love is something that can be defined.  It's a personal thing, and we each view it differently.

Jesus would say that what most of us call love is actually discrimination.  If you love your biological brother but couldn't give a damn about your neighbor, that wouldn't be his definition of love.

I'm not religious but I can get behind that message.  In my opinion, love needs no romance or familial bond.  To take a bullet for your friend is true love.  In essence, prioritizing something, anything over yourself.  That's what I'd call love.

• Like 2

Personally I think love is a mutual understanding of each other’s personalities and boundaries. This can be for all kinds of relationships if you guys understand each other and respect each other’s space when it’s needed then It’ll work out but without it it’ll eventually break off. Then again this is speculation and I don’t think I understand what love truly is yet since I tend to set distances with people.

• Like 1

Love is giving a darn and showing it through your actions large and small.  Doing the right thing even when it’s hard - even giving space to someone to show love rather than insisting on attention for reassurance. When my dear friend /first cousin was dying of cancer I felt responsible for doing my best to figure out how I could be supportive and caring in the way she needed if not what I might want in that situation (that is if I could even imagine. Which I really couldn’t ).  

I'm assuming you mean romantic love, so I will answer the question with that kind of love in mind, seeing as there is all kinds of love.

The meaning of love (in my personal opinion), had many different facets to it.

But I will do my best to condense my answer.

Love is not about seeing someone you find physically attractive and feeling all the lust, over the moon feelings that we all do at first meet.

It is far more deeper than that, far more meaningful than that, far more richer, far more significant and more valuable than that.

Physical attraction is a part of love, but it's a very superficial aspect of love.

I feel to have actual love, you would need to see them on their good days, bad days, sick days, moody days, unhappy days, crisis days, even broken days...and still completely accept them, support them and want to be with them through out it all.

It's also a matter of them seeing you go through all of those kinds of days, and still wanting you,  completely accepting you and completely supporting you.

I mean full acceptance, where you know that you love this person through and through no matter what.

Love, is about finding someone who loves you (and you them), in every which way and all sides, both good and bad, and still see's you as the best person ever.

Love is also about always finding ways to work through life together, both the good and bad.

Always making sure that you work at keeping your relationship happy, connected, close, and renewed.

In my humble opinion, unless you have all of the above, you truly can't call it love.

Love is also (again in my opinion), forever. I have been with people whom I thought I loved, even felt I loved, but it didn't work out. In that case, I felt a great deal for them, but it wasn't love.

Love doesn't end.