For the first time in 30 years I got a compliment from my MIL.

Results yet of police investigation?? Or the well known "we clone your MIL" scam????? 😉

This reminds me of the classic scenes in the old soap operas where the woman answers her landline, hears something shocking and after the call holds the receiver staring into it.

Congrats!!  

Edited by Batya33
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Seraphim said:

My MIL called me tonight because she couldn’t reach my husband as his ringer was off. We were talking a bit and all of a sudden she said “ thank you for all you have done for my son and looking after him and loving him like you have . “ I was stunned for a moment because I have never received a compliment from her. All I could think of to say was . “ well I love him very dearly. “ 

I am left a little shocked . 

It was awfully considerate, kind and gracious of your MIL, Seraphim.

Fortunately, my MIL has given me kind compliments through the years which I will always appreciate.  It is soothing to hear.  🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cherylyn said:

It was awfully considerate, kind and gracious of your MIL, Seraphim.

Fortunately, my MIL has given me kind compliments through the years which I will always appreciate.  It is soothing to hear.  🙂

It was totally unexpected believe me . She has never said a good thing about me yet. When I had my second trimester miscarriage she said to me “ it was for the best dear , you looked horrible anyway.” So I don’t expect anything nice from her to be sure . 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, catfeeder said:

Stop the presses!

Lovely to hear this, and I hope that it occurred to you to thank her. (Reward good behavior.)

CongrATs!

I was so shocked all I said was well I love your son to bits. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

I was so shocked all I said was well I love your son to bits. Lol. 

Hah! I understand. You might mention to her next convo that it meant a lot to you for her to say that, and thank her. 

Water the garden!

• Like 2