My ex unblocked me after only 2 days. Why?

My ex told me he didn’t think he was ready for this relationship, after 10 months. He took all his stuff whilst I was at work. I tried to call him but was blocked on normal and WhatsApp. I sent him a big message from a spare phone saying how sad and disappointed I was that he couldn’t say it to my face and didn’t let me say goodbye properly. I also said that unblocking me would be the mature way to go about things now. I told him I was hoping we could have still messaged sometimes even though the relationship was over. I left it saying he knew where I was if he wanted to talk. I sent that on Wednesday at midnight. He didn’t block the spare phone and then I noticed on Wednesday evening around 6pm he’d unblocked me.
He hasn’t contacted me though. Could he have unblocked me because he sees that I’m not going to contact him again? He didn’t block the other spare phone number and I sent quite a few angry messages before the big message to him.
Surely he’s not hoping I’ll reach out to him 1st?

None of this is relevant or requires being a mindreader.  Don't pay it any mind - who knows if it was a mistake, or an impulse or someone else playing with his phone or he felt like it.  People who desire to communicate do so clearly and unmistakably.  If and when he calls you or contacts you then deal with it then.  Till that time, if it happens, he is your ex, time to move on.

• Like 4

I also think its irrelevant. He chose to take his stuff while you werent home and literally "ghost" you. That means that he doesnt want to talk to you and that is about it. If you didnt go out of the way to contact him again and send the message, you would probably still be blocked. Would hurt but you would at least know to what kind of person you are dealing with. And that is a cold person who didnt want to stay in touch and something you should have respected it. Like this, you are in a limbo. Where he unblocked you and you are wondering if he is gona message or not. While in reality it really doesnt matter. As after how he handled it, you shouldnt entertain his "HYD" or whatever he will maybe send, ever again. You dont need that, especially fresh after break up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weelis02 said:

My ex told me he didn’t think he was ready for this relationship, after 10 months. He took all his stuff whilst I was at work. I tried to call him but was blocked on normal and WhatsApp.

Sorry this happened. What was the argument and breakup about? 

How old is he? Why was his stuff at your place? Where did he go? 

Don't try to circumvent blocks. Let go. You seem to be focusing too much on How he broke up rather than Why you two broke up.

21 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Sorry this happened. What was the argument and breakup about? 

How old is he? Why was his stuff at your place? Where did he go? 

Don't try to circumvent blocks. Let go. You seem to be focusing too much on How he broke up rather than Why you two broke up.

I came home to a note saying he was sorry that he didn’t think he was ready for this. He always kept some clothes, toiletries etc at mine for when he stayed over. He went back to where he lives.

I’m just really confused as the night before he left we had a lovely night. Watched a film, had some food, talked lots, laughed lots. Just all like normal. But then the next morning as I went to get out of bed and he pulled me back for a cuddle. Maybe that was his way of saying bye. I don’t know. 

Even though my story is not the same as yours, I've been blocked too so I can relate.

NO, don't reach out to him!  Never be that weak.  It was his decision to block you so in your mind, say, "Good riddance!" 

Donate his belongings or discard them.  Out, out, out it all goes!  If he attempts to contact you someday, make sure you've blocked him.  You are unavailable, period. 

People block you because instead of dealing with you, explaining articulately, communicating with you in person or corresponding with you electronically (text / emails / messages / voice mails / phone conversations), it's easier to cut you off.  It's an extremely cowardly act.  They don't have the integrity to do the right thing by being a reasonable, logical person.  It's indecent and dishonorable. 

Become a shrewd judge of character and place moral character as your top priority whenever you determine who deserves to be in your life and who does not. 

To me, whenever the relationship gets rough, a true judge of one's character is how they handle it.  Is there a mature, calm discussion or is it an emotionally charged heated fight?  Is there humility, admittance, apologies and sincere efforts to make amends?  If a person doesn't care and is willing to discard you like yesterday's trash, there is your answer.  You need to place yourself higher and know you never deserve to be treated with disgustingly bad behavior.   

You need to move on by getting tougher, stronger and more resilient.  Develop street smarts.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Weelis02 said:

I came home to a note saying he was sorry that he didn’t think he was ready for this.

What did he mean by "this"? A relationship? Or were you discussing moving in or other  commitment issues?

19 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

What did he mean by "this"? A relationship? Or were you discussing moving in or other  commitment issues?

Yeah we had discussed moving in together in august. He kept saying he was excited and asked about furniture he could buy for the house etc. saying he couldn’t wait to do it

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Weelis02 said:

Yeah we had discussed moving in together in august. He kept saying he was excited and asked about furniture he could buy for the house etc. saying he couldn’t wait to do it

Ok. He wasn't ready for this type of commitment and especially moving in together after just dating 11 mos. It's a bit premature.

Also certainly he didn't want to be a tenant in your house. No one wants to give up their freedom independence and autonomy after just 11 mos.

So perhaps he should have been clearer earlier on but perhaps he just did not know how to tell you that you're not on the same page with this.

6 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ok. He wasn't ready for this type of commitment and especially moving in together after just dating 11 mos. It's a bit premature.

Also certainly he didn't want to be a tenant in your house. No one wants to give up their freedom independence and autonomy after just 11 mos.

So perhaps he should have been clearer earlier on but perhaps he just did not know how to tell you that you're not on the same page with this.

Yeah I do understand that. If that had been the case I would have understood. But it was always him that would mention moving in and how excited he was. Not me. 2 days before he left he was even talking about future kids! So I’m just confused with it all. And then the unblocking. 

Change the way you think.  He actually did you a favor by blocking you.  You woke up.  Now, you realize whom you had in your life and now you realize he wasn't worth it.  You've suddenly discovered that he was an immoral boy.  A real man treats you honorably, with the utmost respect and admiration.  A jerk or an __________ treats you as if you're yesterday's garbage.  Feel relieved that you got rid of him now instead of wasting your life on him for years to come. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Weelis02 said:

2 days before he left he was even talking about future kids! So I’m just confused with it all. And then the unblocking. 

You may have dodged a bullet. You don't want someone coasting along in your life without the courage to say what he means and mean what he says.

• Like 1

My boyfriend of two years invited me to move in with him and then after I'd given up my apartment and moved all my stuff into his house he asked me where I would be sleeping 🤔. Apparently he didn't want me sharing his bed even though I had been spending every weekend with him sleeping with him in HIS bed. Very strange.

Unless this guy has messaged you apologizing and asking sincerely to meet up with you to discuss how he'd love to have a chance to show you how sorry he is and to make it up to you... unblocking means nothing. Zero.

He probably expects you to fall all over yourself messaging him to beg him to come back to you. Don't. And don't offer to "be friends" or "be there" for him either. He bailed in the most cowardly way possible, so he can reap the consequences.

• Like 2

Why do you need to reach out to him at all?

He ended things.. now is up to YOU to work through your emotions. Accepting what is and healing.

And no, is best you do not agree on being 'friends' and from here on, go No Contact.  Is best to work on getting over it.

Just be done - totally.

Reach out to your friends etc for support.  Journaling helps as well to 'get it out' another way.  I have done that a lot!  

8 hours ago, Weelis02 said:

t was always him that would mention moving in and how excited he was

It was still premature, and I think he realized that and bailed in just about the worst way. 

I would not care if he unblocked me. I would want nothing to do with this person. 

I get it....you are looking for closure/an explanation because you know you deserve to be told what the hell happened. It's possible he unblocked you to maybe have a conversation about it. I would say he's feeling some guilt for what he did, and maybe he's hiding something from you. I'm sure you will get some answers soon....there always that cooling off period so maybe he's waiting for the dust to settle.

I've been blocked, unblocked, blocked, unblocked by the same person.  I find these types of people to be mentally unstable which is alarming.  This type of impulsive behavior is abnormal.  I don't trust people who have no qualms acting out without caring how you feel and they don't care about future repercussions.  I don't take these types of people seriously anymore.  Why?  Because they play mind games and head trips which I refuse to engage in.  They act as if they're 2 year olds in the midst of a toddler temper tantrum.  It's actually very spoiled brat behavior, 'do what I want, when I want and I don't care about how you feel' type mindset.  It's as if they have a sense of entitlement and that you DESERVE to be disrespected from all angles.

Actions speak louder than words.  Suddenly, a person's character is awfully ugly which is disdainful and I no longer want this type of person in my life, period. 

I wouldn't reach out to him.  He's made it very clear to you that he's done with you.  Get his message loud and clear and move on for your sanity's sake.  Feel protected and safe from harm by choosing who deserves to be in your life and who's a reject.  You'd better shop around.

never go back to people who show you how crazy and mad they are in real life. Many of us relate to this behaviour with our exes, we finally do realize mental peace is better than living with such crazy partners.

Edited by Spawn
  • Like 1