Messaged a co-worker when drunk

11 minutes ago, bluemax44 said:

that this girl (I feel at least) has been leading me on. She's constantly staring at me, placing herself directly in front of me at every meeting or brief, she talks incessantly to me whilst she's quiet and professional when she works with anyone else (Inc her partner), she smiles whenever she sees me, asks me personal questions about my romantic life etc

This girl is a woman who you work with.  If she is behaving unprofessionally follow whatever your work procedures are.  You can say or show with body language that you need physical space from her or change the topic to work related matters.  Or pretend you got an email or phone call and end her chatting. You can report to HR too.  

1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

This girl is a woman who you work with.  If she is behaving unprofessionally follow whatever your work procedures are.  You can say or show with body language that you need physical space from her or change the topic to work related matters.  Or pretend you got an email or phone call and end her chatting. You can report to HR too.  

I wouldn't want to do that. I as a man should of told her that we shouldn't be talking during working hours. She has issues with depression and I'm not looking to make her feel bad. 

If I did if would be my word v hers and she now has evidence of me sending her a message outside of work, so I'd essentially be shooting myself in the foot. 

2 minutes ago, bluemax44 said:

I wouldn't want to do that. I as a man should of told her that we shouldn't be talking during working hours. She has issues with depression and I'm looking to make her feel bad. 

If I did if would be my word v hers and she now has evidence of me sending her a message outside of work, so I'd essentially be shooting myself in the foot. 

I think you're getting wayyyy too entangled in your coworker's personal issues.

42 minutes ago, bluemax44 said:

I wouldn't want to do that. I as a man should of told her that we shouldn't be talking during working hours. She has issues with depression and I'm looking to make her feel bad.  I'd essentially be shooting myself in the foot.

Yeah, agree. Stay professional. Go to work, work hard, apologize if it comes up and don't play games or attempt to turn the tables unfairly at her. The dust will eventually settle so keep a low profile and just keep your mind on work.

• Like 1