My crush is moving away for the summer

I don't really know which category to put this in so w/e.

I have a crush on this girl I met earlier in this semester in one of my classes. We started hanging out with 2 other girls from that class throughout the semester. Turns out she lives a decent drive away from our college (4-5 hours I'd say) and she's going home in a few days after our last exam. I only recently (a week or two ago) developed feelings for her and I know we'll meet again after this summer, but I should a) wait after summer break ends to ask her out, b) ask her out before she goes home or c) just not ask her out at all. Help?

6 minutes ago, Anonymoose69 said:

she's going home in a few days after our last exam. I only recently (a week or two ago) developed feelings for her and I know we'll meet again after this summer.

Why not stay in touch on social media? Does she have a hometown BF? Do not blurt out feelings an make things awkward. Feel the situation out better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wiseman2 said:

Why not stay in touch on social media? Does she have a hometown BF? Do not blurt out feelings an make things awkward. Feel the situation out better.

We're friends on Facebook, so we can talk over the summer yeah. I feel like if I ask if she has a boyfriend my intentions will be very clear anyway... In the 2 months we have seen each other she hasn't mentioned any significant other, although I can't really know for sure.

Posted (edited)

Why not just ask her out now? Why risk that some "homeboy" gets the chance? Besides why would you wait whole summer to know if she likes you in that way or not? Its never a good idea to lose time. Not only you will prolong something that may never go in the direction you want, but it will hinder you for chasing maybe some other girl. So my vote is to just ask her out now and see what she says.

Edited by Kwothe28
  • Like 3

I had a summer job a thousand years ago when I was a teenager. I developed a big crush on one of the supervisors in my department. All the girls who worked there liked him so I figured I didn't have a chance.

On my last day at work he stayed with me during my last hour or so when I turned in my uniform and signed out for the last time and he walked me to my car. I was flying back to college the next day so it was truly my last day. Well, he chose when I was getting into my car to drive home to tell me he'd been wanting to get to know me better all summer and that he'd blown it. I seriously wanted to punch him! WHY did he wait until I was literally about to get on an airplane to tell me??? I still remember to this day how frustrated I was.

I would ask her out before she leaves. If she says no, at least you have the whole summer to get past it and meet other girls. Don't do like that guy did to me lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree about asking her out now. You’ll have your answer sooner and won’t have this weighing on you “what if” throughout summer and you won’t be building up all that pressure over the summer nervous about what she’ll say when the school term starts. 

Good luck! 

• Like 3