He was texting a sex worker

I can only speak for myself. I'd pay whatever fees are necessary to break my lease and get the hell out of there.

The guy can only gaslight you if you stick around to let him.

Skip that, you'll have clearer vision in hindsight--and you'll thank yourself.

10 hours ago, aryystar said:

I know the right path, its just the harder road

I disagree. 

Staying with a cheater who visits prostitutes is the harder road, in the long run. You will never be able to trust him (nor should you), and your heart and emotional well-being will pay the price. A heavy one. 

You might also wind up paying a physical price, if he exposes you to STIs or HIV. 

I would be done, no questions asked. 

• Like 3

What is concerning about this is that he's in a serious relationship with you and has sex with you but yet he feels the need to sleep with a sex worker. Why? Sometimes people have the excuse like they'd been married for 20 years and "sex life became stale" but you've only been together for a year. If he's already trying to see sex workers I think that just means he's a cheater. What other reason would he have for it?

Also keep in mind he didn't actually cancel his appointment with the sex worker but just told her he'd see her in two weeks. If you didn't catch him very likely he'd go and see her. He said he wasn't actually going to go so why was he messaging her and organising a meeting? I don't buy it to be honest.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

With his actions, he has permanently removed trust from the relationship, thereby ending it. There’s nothing left for you to stay for. Unless you’re ok with his behavior, which you’re not, you have to permanently remove yourself from his life.