Married Woman Acting All Weird Around Me - Seriously, WTH?

KlearKut

Posted (edited)

Firstly, Happy Mother's Day to all...
Today, as usual, one of my relatives brought his wife and their son here for the afternoon...

I sat on the dinner table... and started noticing she (the wife) would get jumpy/agitated/nervous when in close proximity to me...
She would start talking fast... to laugh nervously... 

Moreover, If I'm nearby, not even close to her... she starts acting the same way... nervous...

Later her husband called her to go home, and she quickly and -- nervously -- replied "Yeah!"...
She got so nervous she nearly forgot to say goodbye to me (maybe she didn't want to?!)...

Also noticed he got pissed off at me for seemingly no reason. I went to say goodbye to him... he stared at me for a few seconds before shaking my hand.

This has been happening for a few weeks already. I can always feel this weird tension whenever they are here...

Mind you: I didn't even look at her. In fact I did my best to not even talk to her.
I would never address her directly... much less try and make a move on her... because she has a friggin husband... 

Edited by KlearKut

Posted (edited)

I'd just ignore it as best you can. Who knows?  Please try not to let it get to you.  Is it possible not to meet as often or not in your home?  Also I'm confused as to why this is posted in infidelity. This woman you know is not being unfaithful to her husband and you apparently do not want to have an affair with her.  For all you know she has anxiety and it's triggered when she is around you/in your home -again who knows?

Edited by Batya33

Posted (edited)

Maybe they both were upset that you sat on the dinner table.   Not looking at or talking to her would be likely to make her uneasy as well.  

Edited by Jaunty
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, KlearKut said:

one of my relatives brought his wife and their son here for the afternoon...

Where is "here"? Your parents house? If they are family why was it this awkward? 

58 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

The vibes you're giving off could be making people uncomfortable around you. Not sure why you'd go down this path or suspect anything. Relax a bit more and try not to think the worst of people.

^ I second this entire post. Nailed it.

• Like 1

I don't think this has anything to do with you, specifically. 

Maybe she's a little socially awkward. Maybe they'd had an argument before they got there and it was still tense. 

I personally think you're reading too much into it and applying hidden meaning where there really isn't any. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, KlearKut said:

I sat on the dinner table... and started noticing she (the wife) would get jumpy/agitated/nervous when in close proximity to me...
She would start talking fast... to laugh nervously...

Please tell me you are not interpreting this as her being into you. It would be a good idea to get off the PUA sites and believing that every situation is a potential sexual one.

Edited by Wiseman2

Posted (edited)

a relative brings his wife to your home and you won't look at her or acknowledge her . . and wouldn't make a move on her because he's married?

That line of thinking gives off an unsaid vibe she may have picked up on.   If she were a man would you have handled it the same way?  Why didn't you act like a neutral, welcoming host to everyone, including her?

Acting indifferent to someone, no matter their sex is confusing.  I may have been confused and put off by your behavior as well.

Edited by reinventmyself
  • Like 1