Yay!!!My brother’s divorce is final next week!

I wish my brother would get his divorce finalized. He chose to stop the divorce proceedings in an attempt to piss off his wife. Obviously he still has feelings for her if he's still trying to get her attention and isn't going forward with the divorce. I think he's still "hoping", even though this woman nearly destroyed him.

I'm glad your brother went through with his divorce.

She is truly crazy. She emailed him this morning losing her crap that she thought they would one day be getting back together and he wasn’t getting with the programme. 

He told her some very ugly truths about herself and said goodbye . 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

She is truly crazy. She emailed him this morning losing her crap that she thought they would one day be getting back together and he wasn’t getting with the programme. 

He told her some very ugly truths about herself and said goodbye . 

What finally made him realize there was no going back?

16 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

What finally made him realize there was no going back?

He knew there was no going back in the first year they were apart. He knew there was no going back when she punched him in the back of the head and almost knocked him out and almost sent him flying down the stairs then shoved him out the door in -38C wearing nothing but a pair of pants and shoes. She’s nuts. 

They have been fighting over a settlement for 10 years he was never going to go back. SHE wants him because she realises she messed herself out of a good deal and no one wants her. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, boltnrun said:

Jeez, 10 years?  I thought my brother's first divorce dragged on and that took about 3 years.  That's crazy.

Basically, they have been squabbling over money and property. She wanted him to get nothing and he wasn’t going to stand for that. She wanted him to sign away the house he paid for that was worth 1.4 million and wanted half of his RRSP. He said no way in hell. etc etc etc and has been about 9 years of wrangling . He got some money out of her because she is keeping the house and she wanted more than $70,000 a year in child support despite the fact she is multi  millionnaire in her own right etc etc etc…. Ad nauseam. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/30/2022 at 9:46 PM, Seraphim said:

He knew there was no going back in the first year they were apart. He knew there was no going back when she punched him in the back of the head and almost knocked him out and almost sent him flying down the stairs then shoved him out the door in -38C wearing nothing but a pair of pants and shoes. She’s nuts. 

They have been fighting over a settlement for 10 years he was never going to go back. SHE wants him because she realises she messed herself out of a good deal and no one wants her. 

I think our brothers married the same woman.  Ugh!!!    

So glad yours got away.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, maritalbliss86 said:

I think our brothers married the same woman.  Ugh!!!    

So glad yours got away.

I am just so glad he finally rid himself of her. He took a massive financial loss but he did it to finally be rid of her. His last child turns 18 in 2 years. His middle daughter is going to school for graphic design. After that no more payments to mommy. Then depending on what his youngest daughter wants to go to school for pay for that and payments to mommy then he is free of the beast. His eldest daughter lives with him.