Going to a specific pub alone

Saabman,

I have just read all the great comments in response to your question. I know it isn’t much help but, I would agree with the others. Just hold off on the house for awhile. Without this, you don’t seem too sure for some reason. Maybe your gut is trying to tell you something?

I might be coming at this from a ever so slightly different angle. I see nothing wrong at all with peoples husbands or wives or partners going out once, twice, three times a week. It depends what you are both like, what your interests are. For example, me and my husband, we both need our time apart but then we spend every other waking second together for the rest of it, and plenty of other evenings as well. He works away. I go out for night drives once I’ve put our three young children to sleep. He likes to go to the local boozer and shoot pool, talk with other guys. 

The difference is, at the moment, we can’t both be out at the same time without a babysitter, and that is so rare. But! The odd chance we do get to go out, he couldn’t wait to get me to that quirky little shanty pub and show me off to all his new friends. And that’s the difference!

Before the kids we often did most things together, now it’s harder. You have to listen to your gut on this. She shouldn’t be ashamed of her other friends. Also, she shouldn’t be making excuses to have you stay home. It just feels wrong. If she had given you other reasons… maybe. But still, I don’t know. You are supposed to be proud of your other half! My husband can’t wait to show me off all the time! He introduced me to everyone with such pride and everyone said they had heard so much about me. 

How does she make you feel in general? Are you happy in this relationship? Is this - The One?! What do you think?

I don’t know. Something doesn’t quite sit right. It could be totally innocent but, you should be able to go along and she shouldn’t be making you feel bad for it.

Don’t rush into anything yet!

x