Diet Soda Addiction

34 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Wash your mouths out! When done properly, the 80s hair to the Gods was glamorous and out there. LOVE IT STILL! You cannot change my miiiiinnnnd!

I love 80s hair and make up. So unapologetic.

8 hours ago, mylolita said:

I mean, is it just me, or are we pretty serious these days?

I feel like society gets progressively less funny and more uptight with each passing decade. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

I love 80s hair and make up. So unapologetic.

I feel like society gets progressively less funny and more uptight with each passing decade. 

THANK. YOU. JIBRALTA! 🤩🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

If we ever meet, will you come indulge in some form of something with me?! 🤣🤣🤣 Chocolate coma maybe to start with? LOL! And NOT the 80% cocoa organic vegan sugar free s**t! 🥲 I know you know what I mean!

• Haha 1

If I drank the recommended water I would never leave the bathroom. I already pee 15 to 20 times a day and have no water other than contained in tea. I have the world’s smallest bladder always did even as a young kid. I pee more than people taking pills to make them urinate more.

Can you imagine omg. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

If I drank the recommended water I would never leave the bathroom. I already pee 15 to 20 times a day and have no water other than contained in tea. I have the world’s smallest bladder always did even as a young kid. I pee more than people taking pills to make them urinate more.

Can you imagine omg. 

SERAPHIM!

This is ME ALSO! Actually, y’know, there may be something in it! 

With each ultrasound I had of my babies, you will know this - you have to have a full bladder for the first and most early one. I drink my two pints and was absolutely BUSTING. I practically ran into that consultation room to get my scan and be able to use the loo. Anyway, every single time the sonographer scanned me, they always told me to go EMPTY my bladder?! They said it was too full! And then, on with the scan 5 minutes later. They would each say, “Your bladder is too full again! You will need to empty it again! Have you drank more water?!”

It took three more trips to the bathroom without drinking anything and the sonographer was getting really frustrated and testy with me like I was doing it on purpose! I had this every single time with different consultants.

The doctor told me that I “hydrate very easily” and this scan was first thing in the morning, when you are the most dehydrated. I have never had bad skin, no spots ever. Always flushed. I do drink plenty of water but, never keep track or stick to the guides. Anyway, you might be like me darling, just, juicy and hydrated 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I pee ALL THE TIME! I won’t tell you the pet name my husband has for me regarding this!

Fast metabolism as well, things go in and get flushed through real fast!

Might be the same for you. I never knew it until the doctors would mention it.

PS - Seraphim, on another positive note, it could also be a sign of good blood circulation. Are you always warm? Your hands always warm? 

x

Edited by mylolita

33 minutes ago, mylolita said:

PS - the 80s thick eyebrow was also the most classy, sexy and youthful. Brooke Shields. Just sayin. You can’t completely diss an era that gave birth to such sultry brows!

Now repent! 🤣

x

50s and 60s styles the best, 70s ok, 80s scourge of society. I was born too late. 

OP, cut down on diet soda as much as you can, it will definitely help. 

Edited by dias

10 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Can you imagine omg. 

I hate that downside of it but the benefits are so worth it to me.

13 minutes ago, mylolita said:

SERAPHIM!

This is ME ALSO! Actually, y’know, there may be something in it! 

With each ultrasound I had of my babies, you will know this - you have to have a full bladder for the first and most early one. I drink my two pints and was absolutely BUSTING. I practically ran into that consultation room to get my scan and be able to use the loo. Anyway, every single time the sonographer scanned me, they always told me to go EMPTY my bladder?! They said it was too full! And then, on with the scan 5 minutes later. They would each say, “Your bladder is too full again! You will need to empty it again! Have you drank more water?!”

It took three more trips to the bathroom without drinking anything and the sonographer was getting really frustrated and testy with me like I was doing it on purpose! I had this every single time with different consultants.

The doctor told me that I “hydrate very easily” and this scan was first thing in the morning, when you are the most dehydrated. I have never had bad skin, no spots ever. Always flushed. I do drink plenty of water but, never keep track or stick to the guides. Anyway, you might be like me darling, just, juicy and hydrated 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I pee ALL THE TIME! I won’t tell you the pet name my husband has for me regarding this!

Fast metabolism as well, things go in and get flushed through real fast!

Might be the same for you. I never knew it until the doctors would mention it.

PS - Seraphim, on another positive note, it could also be a sign of good blood circulation. Are you always warm? Your hands always warm? 

x

Same whenever I had ultrasounds for my son I would have to release some pee as I was too full. One time they pushed down and I peed all over and that was AFTER I let out an entire bladder of pee. My kidneys filter SUPER fast. 
I literally have to pee every hour and a half while awake. No word of a lie. I could never drink as much as they ask. I would be wearing diapers. 😂

Yeah, I pee a lot too. But toxins have to get out of my body. I've had too many kidney issues and UTIs in the past along with my digestive illness so I need to be sure to keep myself hydrated. Plus I feel so much better when hydrated.

Nothing wrong with indulging. I even said that in my previous post. I'm not a "health fanatic" either. But it's important to me to do what I can to stay healthy. A priest standing next to my hospital bed ready to give me the last rites because my doctor just told me I may likely die was very motivating. My kids needed their mother to be alive. I do eat sweets but balance them out with healthy foods and exercise. Besides,I enjoy my walks. It's not punishment.

Like I said before, everything in moderation and balance. And if we do binge occasionally of course it's not a crime. But "occasionally" is fine, not regularly!

My dad died of kidney disease and had almost no kidney function and was on dialysis and his dad had polycystic kidneys. I have a bit reduced kidney function but still there is just no way I could drink what they recommend my bathroom is literally 50 feet from my couch and I would never make it that far. 

3 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

My dad died of kidney disease and had almost no kidney function and was on dialysis and his dad had polycystic kidneys. I have a bit reduced kidney function but still there is just no way I could drink what they recommend my bathroom is literally 50 feet from my couch and I would never make it that far. 

I do pee a lot because of all the water I drink -which is why I drink it all between 5-ish am (while I am working out) and 6PM.  But I found it was harder when I was drinking diet soda - sorry if TMI but I had a much stronger urgency to use the restroom with caffeine/diet soda than with plain water.

Just now, Batya33 said:

I do pee a lot because of all the water I drink -which is why I drink it all between 5-ish am (while I am working out) and 6PM.  But I found it was harder when I was drinking diet soda - sorry if TMI but I had a much stronger urgency to use the restroom with caffeine/diet soda than with plain water.

I drank a Vitamin Water with taurine in it (a main ingredient in energy drinks) and OMG!!! I was traveling with my boyfriend at the time and we were on a rural road and I was literally screaming for him to pull over so I could find a bush to pee behind. I never drank one again. 

Yeah, small kidneys are definitely a different issue. My mother dealt with that. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Diet pop is the only vice I have left. If they took that from me I might as well quit . There is nothing else I can have that I like so…. 

57 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Same whenever I had ultrasounds for my son I would have to release some pee as I was too full. One time they pushed down and I peed all over and that was AFTER I let out an entire bladder of pee. My kidneys filter SUPER fast. 
I literally have to pee every hour and a half while awake. No word of a lie. I could never drink as much as they ask. I would be wearing diapers. 😂

I am so glad I am not alone in this! Yes I always worried something was wrong but quite the opposite! It was a relief! 

x

41 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Yes it is a diuretic! 

x

11 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

As a diabetic I’ve had to remove every single thing I enjoy from my diet. So I have very little enjoyment eating anymore. 

The list of things I can eat is shorter than the list of things I can't eat lol. But fortunately I actually like fish and seafood, chicken, vegetables and fruit. And I love pastries so luckily I can still have those. Just in moderation because I can really go to town on those!

17 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

The list of things I can eat is shorter than the list of things I can't eat lol. But fortunately I actually like fish and seafood, chicken, vegetables and fruit. And I love pastries so luckily I can still have those. Just in moderation because I can really go to town on those!

While I love fish ,seafood ,meat and vegetables ;some vegetables that I can eat and only some fruits not necessarily what I want to eat all the time or enjoy all the time. 

By the way, I actually agree diet drinks and loads of sugar and alcohol and all of that is bad for you… I’m just being annoying 🤣

When I was 23 and worked in an opticians my lunch was four doughnuts. But then I wouldn’t eat anything for the rest of the day. Yes. Unbelievably unhealthy! 

x

2 minutes ago, mylolita said:

If you say you love vegetables I’m sorry, I don’t believe you 🤣

x

Most of the time to do. But , I also love bread, can’t have that. Love rice and potatoes and can’t have that. Love potato chips can’t have that. Love cake can’t have that. Can’t have nuts or seeds due to IBS. So basically stuck with meat and veggies with no sauces etc due to sugars and berries . Gets boring as you know what. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Most of the time to do. But , I also love bread, can’t have that. Love rice and potatoes and can’t have that. Love potato chips can’t have that. Love cake can’t have that. Can’t have nuts or seeds due to IBS. So basically stuck with meat and veggies with no sauces etc due to sugars and berries . Gets boring as you know what. 

That’s great Seraphim, I wish I did! HA!

I have to do things too them. Season them to the high heavens. Fry them, wok them, marinade them, sear them, caramelise them, sauté them! Baby carrots need honey in the pan. Things like that. I can’t deal with them plain, without sauces. I‘m like a kid 🥲

I love pan fried salmon. Sea bass as well. I love the way Italians cook it, with garlic and tomato and pan fried potatoes… ohmygod 🤣 I love food. Too much. Ha! 

I just have to look at a doughnut now and unfortunately there goes the hips! KAPOW!

x

27 minutes ago, mylolita said:

That’s great Seraphim, I wish I did! HA!

I have to do things too them. Season them to the high heavens. Fry them, wok them, marinade them, sear them, caramelise them, sauté them! Baby carrots need honey in the pan. Things like that. I can’t deal with them plain, without sauces. I‘m like a kid 🥲

I love pan fried salmon. Sea bass as well. I love the way Italians cook it, with garlic and tomato and pan fried potatoes… ohmygod 🤣 I love food. Too much. Ha! 

I just have to look at a doughnut now and unfortunately there goes the hips! KAPOW!

x

Yeah see I can see season them  I can have all the seasoning I want I just can’t have sauce. Sauces have bucket loads of sugar. But if I season anything my son won’t touch it. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 8:23 PM, Wiseman2 said:

Yes. Headaches disappeared. It's not only aspartame, it's all the sweeteners. For example stevia and alcohol sugars, which are often marketed as "natural".

For some reason even though they are not caloric, they trick your brain and taste buds and increase sugar cravings.

Many of them act as neurotransmitters and the alcohol sugars (ending in "ol") can act as laxatives. You even have to watch out for "no sugar added", another marketing trick to make a product appear "healthier".

Once you get rid of it, you'll just feel better. Consider flavored water and seltzers. You'll reset your palate. 

There are studies that show different people taste artificial sweeteners differently. For example to some people they taste metallic or bitter 🤢. That's me. It tastes like metal and has an awful aftertaste.

Wean yourself off it and within 3 mos, you'll be able to taste food better.

Unfortunately these things are designed this way the same way junk food has a day's worth of sodium in one meal and monosodium glutamate to enhance flavor and make it more "addictive".

Actually I can vouch for the laxative aspect of maltitol. I learnt my lesson after I ate this "sugar free" Easter egg and then went on a date. And ran from my date straight to the toilet and barely made it! Looll

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, mylolita said:

Oh. My. God.

Wash your mouths out! When done properly, the 80s hair to the Gods was glamorous and out there. LOVE IT STILL! You cannot change my miiiiinnnnd!

(As someone who is owner to huge, thick, dramatic curly hair, maybe I am biased!) 

I agree the shoulder pads can go on the bonfire though! 

B930B21C-84E6-4AC3-9537-E2AD1EA5A394.jpeg

D995E20B-4ED0-42C8-8992-738394F6F614.jpeg

DC329ADA-2D85-43D8-A23D-F3FA85991C49.jpeg

0FABC50C-3BE9-449A-89EE-E8F222692B4B.jpeg

BF28F24C-6BE8-4F15-B803-FE3F419894F3.jpeg

A25F14B7-8B40-49FE-8568-1E64D910FA14.jpeg

CD05F6C4-9870-4422-A33F-487B18539C2C.jpeg

Drew Barrymore is an absolute BABE

• Like 1