I can’t stand my boyfriend’s dog and the way his family treat it

So they got a dog, a breed you can't stand. As a pet owner, they are our children, and yes we spoil them. Yes some people dress them in outfits and throw them birthday parties. I find that laughable. I would never do that but hey it's not mine and they do whatever they want. 

If you feel this goes against your values, to the point it consumes you. I suggest you breakup with your BF.

BUT I hope you give this a chance to see how silly this all really is. This doesn't really interfere with your life at all. You don't live there, you don't have to clean up after it, or have it ride in your car. So I really don't see what the big deal is. 

During my 18 year marriage we owned two dogs. (separate times) Both of which I rehomed because my ex H and I had opposing views on how to raise dogs.  He was brought up to believe that dogs were nothing more than junkyard guard dogs, that you fed left over pizza and chicken bones to.  Due to my upbringing I viewed dogs as part of the family, but at the same time had reasonable limits and were well trained.  

We did however raise two young men and for the most part were on the same page about how to raise them.

• Like 2