Here's the situation:

Your boyfriend/girlfriend of a year or more broke up with you. A few months later you tell the ex that if he or she wants to ever talk to you again, they can call. Otherwise, you're not calling. A week after you say this, it's the ex's birthday.

Do you call and wish the ex a happy birthday?

If you don't, is that a reason for the ex to get angry and have more of an incentive to never call you again? (Also, you DO NOT want the ex back)

My friend was just debating about with me about this. She seems to think I should have called my ex (who was horrible to me) and wish him happy birthday a couple of weeks ago. I think differently, because I said I'm not calling, so I refuse to call. Even for his birthday. I just want to know others' opinions on this.

Oh, definitely don't call.

I think many people see b-days as excuses to break NC, and they shouldn't. Why would someone who broke up with you be angry because you didn't call, and, who cares if he IS angry?

Ilse.

Oh hell no...Don't call at all.

My ex (it's been 1.5 weeks) owns a sports bike...and I'm debating whether to go to the hospital or not if, let's say, he gets into an accident. (God forbid, I still have feelings for him).

So, don't call, especially if you don't want him back. Because yes, you'll stroke his ego.

I know a guy friend, who, when he broke up with his girlfriend, would read all her text msg. and e-mails out loud to his friends and make fun of her.

Everytime she called, he'd look at his cell phone, and before hanging up, he'd say "Here she goes again. She so still loves me". I felt so bad for her, that I had to tell her, very discretly, not to do that anymore.

LET BYGONES BE BYGONES.

I know a guy friend, who, when he broke up with his girlfriend, would read all her text msg. and e-mails out loud to his friends and make fun of her.

Everytime she called, he'd look at his cell phone, and before hanging up, he'd say "Here she goes again. She so still loves me". I felt so bad for her, that I had to tell her, very discretly, not to do that anymore.

LOL!! I love this!!!!

oh yeah, and by the way? Don't call! Guys or girls... Don't stroke their ego, don't waste your time.

I agree with all the posters...calling is definetely OUT of the question.

Using a birthday, Barmitzvah, holiday etc to contact an ex is flimsy

at BEST...and believe me , they see right through it.

Don't worry...if you don't hear from an ex...it's because they don't want you to...they are not lying in some back alley somewhere screaming your name.

Just DON'T call!! lol

Maybe find a card? We can't all agree on things right? My anniversary date with my ex is coming up. I'm planning on sending her something or doing something for her AS A FRIEND. The date is still special to me and I want to celebrate one last time. My situation is much different. I'm sure, but there's no reason to not send a card in my opinion. Not a lovey dovey one, just a plaing old Happy Birthday signed and no more.