Taking too long

SL1

10 hours ago, Rose Mosse said:

Have you met him yet?

I don’t know why anyone would be interested in texting like that if you haven’t met yet. 

Save the texting for another time and someone else. Chat with friends. I wouldn’t respond to anything he has to say at this point. 

• Like 3
On 3/22/2022 at 5:29 AM, SL1 said:

A few hours? And recently nearly half a day but then he had noted he was super busy? - am I over thinking this whole thing? 

So, your expectation of mere stranger is to respond to a text in short order, yet you aren't available to meet him for a few weeks? 

He isn't going to invest his time into this.  You aren't available.   Besides, you shouldn't have these types of expectations of strangers.  They have zero obligation to even respond at all.  Given he has told you he's busy with work and you two have never met, it would be more realistic if you might touch base weekly - IF you are close to being available to actually meeting.  

• Like 2
On 3/21/2022 at 3:54 PM, SL1 said:

Currently texting this guy and he takes ages to reply back, I know people are busy but it takes the piss, would it be that he’s not interested and just being polite? 

It is making me think my conversation topics are boring? Lol

Despite this cell phone age, some people are not inclined to text back and forth.  Some people prefer to meet in person and other times, require an appointment to have a phone chat.  Learn to adapt.  Or, choose a person who has texting etiquette.  Keep in mind, some texters need a lot of breaks between texts because frequent electronic communication / correspondence becomes a huge time trap.  People can't get anything done. 

• Like 2