Open Club  ·  76 members  ·  Free

Journals

Family and Life Updates

boltnrun

9 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Yes, I shower daily 😆

I kid. I'm sure that's not what you were asking. I don't have a tub, just (thankfully) a step in shower. But with the skyrocketing gas bills I try to shower as quickly as possible. 

I meant to soak the sore muscles . 

28 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I meant to soak the sore muscles . 

I know, I was just making a silly joke. We have to conserve gas so I shower as quickly as possible. I'll take some turmeric tonight to help with any swelling.

I took a bad fall a few years ago and was SORE for about a week. But it went away on its own. I'm quite sure I didn't break anything. 

7 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I know, I was just making a silly joke. We have to conserve gas so I shower as quickly as possible. I'll take some turmeric tonight to help with any swelling.

I took a bad fall a few years ago and was SORE for about a week. But it went away on its own. I'm quite sure I didn't break anything. 

My doctor told me about turmeric for arthritis and swelling and inflammation in general. Anytime I put the spice in my food it makes me sick unfortunately. 

I hope it makes you feel better !

52 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

My doctor told me about turmeric for arthritis and swelling and inflammation in general. Anytime I put the spice in my food it makes me sick unfortunately. 

I hope it makes you feel better !

Thanks! I haven't had any ill effects from turmeric. I've been taking it off and on for a few months in capsule form with ginger. 

19 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Thanks! I haven't had any ill effects from turmeric. I've been taking it off and on for a few months in capsule form with ginger. 

Maybe capsule might be better for me because the spice causes me gastric issues . 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Maybe capsule might be better for me because the spice causes me gastric issues . 

The capsules are combined with ginger, I presume to reduce the effects it may have on the stomach. 

Since my psychologist seems to have fired me, I am going to look for one that takes my insurance. Also, I felt like I had kind of stagnated with her. She didn't push me to deal with past traumas and I kind of feel like I got to a certain point and then stopped progressing. I want to stop being fearful of things I don't need to be afraid of. And she wasn't getting me there. I did make a lot of progress with her but I want to keep going.

Insomnia came back last night for no discernable reason. I am not sick, I did not have caffeine and I did not drink alcohol or eat a large meal before bed. I was not too hot. So I have no idea. I will have to struggle through the workday and then I'll need a good nap. Because I'm so tired.

I looked into a new psychologist or therapist. It would cost me $130 per session until I meet my deductible. That's $55 more than my previous psychologist charged. I'm not in crisis so I will have to hold off for now. 

Supremely grateful and thankful to be able to work from home. I can't imagine trying to drag myself out of bed at 4:55 am and having to drive almost an hour to work and another hour and 10 minutes home on very little sleep.

Yesterday ended up being the busiest work day in about three months. Of course. But nothing I can't handle. It's actually the first time in a long time I didn't finish everything the same day I got it, but it's not expected that I would.

I knocked myself out last night with an Ativan and a turmeric and ginger capsule. I got about 6 1/2 hours of sleep. Adequate. Now plowing through the big list of tasks. It's a kind of day I like, just give me my pile of work and let me have at it. Don't pressure me (no one is), just let me be my productive self. 

I MAY go into the office tomorrow or Thursday. I won't tell anyone just in case the alarm goes off at 4:45 am and I say "Nah, not happening" and roll over. I'm not required to go in but I kind of want to. 

For some reason I keep thinking today's Friday. Boo for Thursday.

I had two upsetting dreams last night. The first one was moderately upsetting but the second one was disturbing and violent. Too many tragic, frightening things happening and I think it's spilling into my dreams.

I eat too much.

I would like to be six pounds lighter but it's my fault I don't lose weight. I stuff myself at dinner time and I always have dessert no matter how huge of a dinner I eat. I could easily lose the weight if I just chose self discipline. While I'm eating I make excuses. That can stop and must stop. 

It's ironic because when my anxiety was really bad I lost 26 pounds and was desperate to gain weight. Now I want to lose.

18 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Cut out dessert that will help a lot. I never eat dessert.. well maybe twice a year. 

I know that's great advice but I love my dessert. But I don't need to have a huge dessert after a huge meal. I can do smaller portions. Starting today!

I can have dessert, but I certainly don't need huge desserts every day. I can have a reasonable portion. Same with dinner. I ate so much dinner last night my stomach almost hurt. And I still had two slices of cake after. That's just being a glutton.

I'm not huge by any means. I am 5'3" and weigh 136 pounds (61.7 kg). For my height I should be no more than 141 pounds or 64 kg. I want to be at 128 pounds. That is doable but I need to stop eating too much. Have some self control!

Funny thing is, I don't snack. I eat a small breakfast, a small lunch and then a monster sized dinner. I should be eating the larger meal (but not a HUGE meal!) during the day and a small meal in the evening. 

Welp, I had two close friends who had not yet gotten sick with Covid.  They were the last holdouts so to speak.  One of them told me yesterday he has Covid.  He had mentioned he wasn't feeling well and his symptoms were classic Covid symptoms but I'm not his mom so I just told him I hoped he felt better.  He was continuing to go to work which I disagreed with but again, I'm not his mom!  Turns out it is Covid and he's feeling quite sick.  Unfortunately his employer is pressuring him really hard to go to work even though he's still sick.  He has a job with a government agency and apparently his location has a lot of people out due to Covid.  So their solution is to pressure sick people to come to work, I guess so they can share Covid with those who haven't gotten it yet 🙄  My former employer (a very large online retailer) also pressured their employees to return to work despite Covid diagnoses and that was before the vaccine.  They told us we had to be back at work one week after being diagnosed or we would be fired for job abandonment.  Even though over one hundred of their employees had died. Very irresponsible, to say the least.  Big reason why I quit (along with their complete disregard for following any mandated safety protocols not only with regard to the pandemic but in general).

So that leaves one friend who hasn't gotten it yet. I also only have two family members who haven't gotten it yet.  My presumption all along has been that everyone will get it sooner or later.  Just hoping when they do it's not too bad.

My friend got only the initial vaccine and didn't get any of the boosters, so he's a lot sicker than some other people have been.  Plus his job requires him to work in very close quarters in a very small room with several dozen other employees.  So again, it was only a matter of time.  He is young and basically very healthy so I think he'll get through it OK.

I think my friend will be OK too. But he's despairing a bit because his manager is at him to return to work. I suggested he contact his union rep if they keep harassing him. This harassment is making him feel worse than the virus is! He did say he's extremely fatigued. He just wants to sleep all day. I told him it's fine to get the rest he needs. 

It's a bit unsettling when the engineering manager instructs me to do something that would have a devastating impact on production and I, a mere data entry clerk, have to point out why it would cause an issue. Good thing I ask questions and look deeper or an entire division would have had a big mess on their hands. I mean, shouldn't the engineering manager know better?? Isn't that why they were hired?

Definitely going to keep notes of this one to bring up when I ask for a performance raise. 

There goes my plan to get two more miles of walking in today. It's pouring.

No room for a treadmill in my studio apartment. I don't like them anyway. I prefer fresh air and real scenery. 

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!