what the heck do I even think with this woman?

Guest Anonymous

I'll try to dumb it down. I go to board game night to try to meet new people. I meet girl and introduce myself and teach my game to her large group of friends. Afterwards, she and her friend chased me down in the parking lot and she asks for my number. I oblige, but explain I work a travel job so it's hit or miss if I'm home or not, but would love to play more games sometimes. She takes 3 days to respond to my first text, and then does not respond at all to my second text. We do wind up hanging out a week later as I'm transferring cities and have a day in between. I teach her smaller friend group another game, and she gets all excited about the game I brought because she always wanted to play it. I go to my job in another state. I text her once; she texts back saying she's been playing her copy of the same game 4 nights straight--I take that as she at least remembers me. anyways, I return, I ask if she's up for games over the weekend, she says she's busy helping her friend with a convention booth. Another week, I ask if she's up for games, she says she's in another city, but very excitedly tells me how good the board game expansion (for those who don't know, basically a sequel or add-on to the game I taught her) is...then does not respond to my text.
Is it just me, or is there something weird here? At points she seems incredibly excited to hang out, and others, and then she just disappears.

She was interested in you teaching her the game. But isnt interested in hanging out with you. 

You have to learn to "read" intentions of others toward you. Doesnt matter that she took the number if she leaves you on "read" and makes up excuses not to hang out with you. She keeps you there so you could teach her and her friends board games and how they could play it. Not because of you as a person. 

She’s busy or doesn’t want to play with you. She got what she wanted learning something new and is now playing with her own friends. I’m sorry to hear this as it does sound disappointing.

You joined a board game group to meet new people, taught some of them something new, they seemed excited and then ditched you or don’t seem interested in playing with you. She didn’t answer your texts more than once which suggests it might have been something about you that turned her or one/some of her friends off or maybe they just want to play amongst themselves. I think she kept the conversation going superficially and got more game tips or intros from you. 

Were there any other interesting people you’ve met in the group? I’d go anyway to the board game night and find new friends. Maybe see if there are others you can mingle with so you aren’t the one teaching all the time but can also learn something new.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

She takes 3 days to respond to my first text, and then does not respond at all to my second text. then she just disappears.

Seems like the friendzone. Stop chasing her and her friends this hard. 

But then again, you're not even asking her on a date so of course she's not interested.

14 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

I ask if she's up for games over the weekend, she says she's busy helping her friend with a convention booth. Another week, I ask if she's up for games, she says she's in another city,

This is a double-ask. To gauge a person's interest, you ask once. If she is truly busy but really into you, she will definitely give you an alternate date. This didn't happen. No, she's not interested.

• Like 2