Abusive mother

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I need help.

I know I’m not perfect and that I have my mistakes, but I feel like I don’t deserve this. 

My mother has insane mood swings. She can be happy one minute and the next she is furious. I never know what I am coming home to.

She yells at me for the smallest mistakes and tells my I don’t deserve respect.

And the next day she can be the kindest, helping me and buying me everything.

im starting to think she might be bipolar.

She has also many times told me she has suicidal tendencies.

ever since I was a child she kicked me out from our house whenever I made a small mistake. I never knew if I could come home from school and sleep in my bed or if I would have to couch surf.

She even once threatened me to steal my car when I trusted her and borrowed it to her.

i try to talk sense to her but she only gets mad and screams and self loathes. 

I can’t help but feel all alone in the universe.

now i moved away from home. But I’m still worried about her but I can’t manage to help her, I feel like I’ve tried everything.

please help.

what can I do?

Guest Anonymous
9 minutes ago, Guest Anonymous said:i moved away from home. But I’m still worried about her but I can’t manage to help her, I feel like I’ve tried everything.

what can I do?

Where is your father? Do siblings still live at home? If she threatens suicide again, call the police and send them to her address. Otherwise distance yourself and do not depend on her financially.

2 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

I can’t help but feel all alone in the universe.

I am so sorry. Isolation is difficult to deal with or feeling isolated from friends or family and feeling alone. So are frustrating and abusive family relationships.

I would first speak with my doctor and bounce any ideas with him if I am struggling with mood or feeling distressed. Your doctor may have insight and want to call you in for a check up. The low moods and feeling lonely are yours alone. Don’t try to fix your mother’s issues. They’re not your problems. Deal with your own feelings and your health. 

You can’t change your mother so distance yourself. If you feel guilt or frustrated still or have flashbacks that disturb you ask your doctor how to tackle this or what any advice may be. Don’t take this on alone. 

This sounds almost classic Bipolar (imo) - displaying such crazy mood swings. I assume she has never been professionally diagnosed?  Perhaps that's the starting point - to get proper treatment.

I agree with the posts above suggestion you see a doctor for yourself to get a thorough check-up and possible treatment or therapy to help with your anxiety and depression.

• Like 1