Resignations, Manager movement, new project, covid, uncertainity

Just wanted some advice on how to manage a situation at work that has got me lot anxious, some uncertainty has creeped in, am worried with future directions of company. There has been a huge restructuring in organization. My manager has decided to move on to another department , Feb will be his last month, so a week to go, sudden departure, but i think he had planned it for sometime, he said he cant guarantee a good raise as a new guy will work on it , but only ratings he can manage, few very good colleagues have put down papers and are moving out of company.

Me, my colleagues who report to him came to know our salaries are not as per industry standards as company HR had communicated and they have recruiting new people with less experience but very high salaries sometimes 30 to 40% more than us, things have really gone from good to bad in matter few months, with me taking up a new project some months back and the resources involved reporting to other managers also resigning from the project left right and centre. 

How to handle this situation? I have also been thinking of moving out but also worried as am not getting time to study for interviews, due to new project taking up some time and a recent covid infection leaving me with some bad effects, like tiredness and a humming sound in ears so am not in a good shape but managing it. I have been advised by docs to put in lot of proteins like eggs and chicken regularly on health front.I haven't gone out for my regular walks and running due to above health situation, the day i try to,  i get very very tired and just have to sleep it off.

Feel depressed doing WFH as well for over 2 years now, sometimes i feel am dragging myself to work, i usually work from my office/guest room at home.

TIA

I’m very sorry. This extends beyond your employment and it sounds like mismanagement at higher levels, beyond the scope or duties of you or your colleagues. Yes, absolutely start polishing your CV and start applying to other positions. You must have known for some time that your salaries were not competitive with industry standards and the company hasn’t been doing well. You have some idea of the business’s ebb and flow. 

I haven’t had Covid but I understand the effects can be long lasting and fatigue is one of them. I would not wait for the chips to fall regarding your current position. Find a way to organize your time so that you get enough rest, take lots of liquids and talk with your doctor if anything changes. Preparing for interviews gets easier with more practice. Try to think like the employer you’re applying to. 

Edited by Rose Mosse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• How To Make A Woman Want You Sexually (Guide To Building Her Interest And Sexual Attraction)
      Learn how to make a woman want you sexually! In today's video we're talking about sexual attraction and how you make a woman want you! We're going to be discussing some useful tips you can put to work to get a woman interested in you and building that sexual desire. Often men think they know exactly what women want, men in sports cars with big houses a big wallet and a bad boy attitude. This might be what the ladies want in movies but not in real life it's very different. To know what a lady wants you need to understand what you need to do to make her want you sexually. Imagine if you knew the secret formula to do this, the one that tells you exactly what women want sexually. The formula would let you know exactly what you need to do to get a woman to fall into your arms, sounds too good to be true right? Well it's not! It's as easy as being mindful of your own behaviour and adopting steel-proof boundaries. Want to know some more? Well don't move an inch.

• 0 replies
    • How to know when he's really fallen in LOVE
      You’re falling in love with your man deeper every day, but you don’t know if he feels the same way for you. It’s natural to want to know his feelings for you. What happens when he doesn’t say it or he’s not the type to say that? His actions tell you he loves you, but you could be wrong, right? So how do you know when he’s really in love with you? It’s not always so easy, but it’s not impossible either!

• 0 replies
    • 6 Psychological Secrets of Attraction
      Knowing whether or not someone is “into you” can be incredibly difficult if they don’t explicitly say it. In this video, we will be looking at some psychological secrets of attraction.

• 0 replies
    • This Healing Mindset That Helps Overcome Trauma Symptoms
      If you grew up with neglect and abuse, you've needed time to talk about what happened, and how parents and others treated you. But THEN what? Once you've acknowledged the past and gained an understanding of how you developed symptoms of trauma, how can you overcome those symptoms, and move forward with building a happy and fulfilled life? In this video I teach about the two general categories of comments I see on my channel, and what that suggestions about the commenter's readiness to heal.

• 0 replies
    • "I Want A Girlfriend" Do THIS First
      I want a girlfriend. Have you ever found yourself thinking "I want a girlfriend" but you're not quite sure if you're actually ready for one? Before you go about doing anything else it's important to make sure that you actually need a girlfriend right now.

• 0 replies