This guy keeps making creepy jokes about me "having his babies". Is this a red flag?

Mon_1609

Hiii,

I have been talking with this 27 years old guy for like 2 months. He was super sweet and i don´t know. I just got out of a bad relationship and i started to like him. We have a lot in common.

At some point he asked me if i wanted to have kids and i though it was normal. I told him that yes, on the future and he said the also wanted to have them at some point.

He always make jokes about marriage or living together but i know he is not serious.

But yesterday we were texting and i told him that i stopped taking the birth control some weeks ago because of some secondary effects and he said "is because you want to have my babies"?

We have not even had sex yet and i have not replied. Is this odd? I never had a guy telling me something like that.

Why did you share with him that you stopped taking birth control? Seems a bit TMI to me.  It sounds like he was feeling a little awkward about you telling him that so he joked about it.  How many dates have you been on? What does "talking to" mean?

• Like 4

But yeah, Batya's right...bit TMI.

If you're going to be divulging personal info that really shouldn't be talked about since you've not long known him, expect an equally odd reply.

I'm wondering if he thought it was creepy of you to be going into your birth control issues when, (like you said), you haven't even had sex yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mónica said:

I shared with him because he asked me if i was on birth control. I just told him the truth. 

Why would he ask that? Are you getting close to being intimate and he wanted to know what kind of protection to use?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mon_1609 said:

i told him that i stopped taking the birth control some weeks ago because of some secondary effects and he said "is because you want to have my babies"?.

He wants to ride bareback.

Go to your physician/clinic and discuss the side effects, and other options. Use condoms.

Get rid of this 🤡 clown. 

Most importantly don't discuss personal medical issues casually with a jerk like this. Talk to your mother or girlfriends or clinic practitioners about that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mon_1609 said:

Hiii,

I have been talking with this 27 years old guy for like 2 months. He was super sweet and i don´t know. I just got out of a bad relationship and i started to like him. We have a lot in common.

At some point he asked me if i wanted to have kids and i though it was normal. I told him that yes, on the future and he said the also wanted to have them at some point.

He always make jokes about marriage or living together but i know he is not serious.

But yesterday we were texting and i told him that i stopped taking the birth control some weeks ago because of some secondary effects and he said "is because you want to have my babies"?

We have not even had sex yet and i have not replied. Is this odd? I never had a guy telling me something like that.

Your thread title makes it sound like he’s dubbing you his baby making machine when it sounds like he commented on this once only. Has he done it several times? 

If a person, thing or place is creepy please vacate. Don’t linger for more creepiness. It is not yet Halloween.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I personally don’t see anything creepy.

It’s just an outrageous silly thing to say probably just trying to see your reaction.. 

But if you feel you don’t have the same sense of humour and don’t like way he texts then just stop writing with him I guess as I sense he may just become very annoying for you?

I could be wrong tho…

Edited by mical
  • Like 3

This is just one of those things where things seemed to be going good until...they say something that totally turns you off. My experience I dump them quick because the churning in my gut tells me so. Either the guy is pretty lame and is weak in the humor dept, or trying way too hard, or he's creepy/weird. Either way this would have me running. The having babies thing should have been a one and done deal...this guy has been running with it...ewwwww. 

Some guys use this kind of talk as a pick up tactic. The whole, we will have babies and marriage and so on. All so that you get lost in how "serious" he is and how he wants the life that you want. Yup, it's creepy, fake, and manipulative as well.

OP, you got out of a bad relationship and were and still are vulnerable. This creep can smell that from miles away. Stop talking to him and take some time out to get yourself balanced and get your head on straight, so you aren't getting attached to weirdos you are just talking to. Your gut is screaming at you for a reason - listen to it.

• Like 3

On 2/9/2022 at 9:48 PM, boltnrun said:

I would say he has an entire collection of red flags.

Yep. He IS an entire collection of red flags.

Just based on life experience, here's my observation: guys who drop a lot of premature future speak, especially about babies, are the lamest of the lame and will NEVER come through for you on anything important.

Their 'talk' is overcompensation for zero backbone, and the only thing they excel at is manipulation.

Spare yourself. You'd be smart to move your focus forward to meet someone far, FAR better.

Edited by catfeeder
  • Like 1