Should I pull the plug on my business?

8 hours ago, JustinPonders said:

Woah, this is actually a great idea!

I hope you'll stay in touch and let us know what you've tried and how well it has worked or not.

There is something about counting on others to invest their interest in you that motivates accountability and drives success.

You have a creative eye, and so a creative mind can't be far behind, and so can be your focus on ways to connect with your target market.

Cheers to you and your resilience--and your ability to thrive.

• Like 1

don't throw in the towel.

What do you mean you are not good at the business side? What specifically are you struggling with? 

Get a 2nd source of income.  Take a business course at your local community College or on line.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 9:16 PM, catfeeder said:

I hope you'll stay in touch and let us know what you've tried and how well it has worked or not.

There is something about counting on others to invest their interest in you that motivates accountability and drives success.

You have a creative eye, and so a creative mind can't be far behind, and so can be your focus on ways to connect with your target market.

Cheers to you and your resilience--and your ability to thrive.

Unfortunately I've decided to cut the rope on my business. This month literally bled me in terms of frustration. I lost 5 calls in a row due to them not willing to pay a reasonable rate for my services and that just did it for me. I'm already at a loss every month and I just can't take it anymore. I'm not even motivated anymore. I'm still going to continue my business with the few clients that do call me somewhat regularly but once I find something else I'm just gonna drop it altogether. I was good at my work but I guess people still would rather choose price over quality and I'm simply too stubborn to want to downgrade my work to meet these cheap people with price. Thank you for wanting me to stay in touch. Now I just got to find something at my age and start all over from scratch 😞

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JustinPonders said:

Unfortunately I've decided to cut the rope on my business. This month literally bled me in terms of frustration. I lost 5 calls in a row due to them not willing to pay a reasonable rate for my services and that just did it for me. I'm already at a loss every month and I just can't take it anymore. I'm not even motivated anymore. I'm still going to continue my business with the few clients that do call me somewhat regularly but once I find something else I'm just gonna drop it altogether. I was good at my work but I guess people still would rather choose price over quality and I'm simply too stubborn to want to downgrade my work to meet these cheap people with price. Thank you for wanting me to stay in touch. Now I just got to find something at my age and start all over from scratch 😞

I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. You might need a breather from relying solely on closing deals for shoots right now. Consider grabbing whatever work you can to pay your bills even while you explore other interests or better ways to market your talents.

You have the skills, you have the equipment, so there's no need to close any doors to what might unfold in your future.

Head high.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey, Pull the plug sooner than later. Don't waste your time on a startup effort that's going to fail anyway. Once you get the hunch that things are spiraling downward, pull out the hatchet, make the cut, and walk away. The sooner you do it, the sooner you'll be ready to succeed on a new startup.