It’s been a while…

It’s been a number of years since I was here last, and I’m only coming back because way back then I was a mess my last name was aftershock879 if anyone wanted to read back.

maybe I can try and help others who were where I was, trying to get back with an ex, it literally consumed me for the longest time.

I did actually end up getting back together with her, but it didn’t last and it was me that ended up finishing it with her (I worked with her) 

it’s probably been over 10 years since that happened.

fast forward to now, I’m happily married to my best friend, we have kids and are happy, happier than I’d ever been with my ex.

don’t give up hope, I let my ex treat me like crap and pandered to her demands, I lost friends in the process.

don’t let them change who you are, you’ll only end up regretting the things you did because of having rose tinted glasses on.

listen to your friends and family, they can see what it’s doing to you, I spent hours talking about it to anyone who would listen it was only when my brother pulled me to one side and basically told me straight.

They can see your hurt, they are looking in from the outside, when you’re in it you don’t see what they do.

it was only after I realised how I’d acted, I was looking for anything that gave me hope, which how I found this site.

reading hundreds of threads, people all the same as me, looking for answers, any answers.

I read back and I cringe at how I acted but that’s what love does right, it beats the crap out of you, or so I thought.

When you find the person you should be with you know, and it’s always unexpected, it will could be your ex.

Just make sure you stay true to who you are, never settle. 

Even recently I’ve had texts off her saying she still loved me and regretted what happened, a long time ago that’s all I thought I ever wanted.

Not now, not one part of me even cared, I let go of that a long time ago.

We we’re colleagues, and a period I look back not with fondness more of a realisation that I deserved better then and where I am now is where I’m supposed to be, happy, content, looking forward to the future and watching my kids grow.

Please don’t give up, there’s always hope.

Surround yourself with people who love you, keep busy, go to the gym, go running play Xbox/PlayStation.

you’ll feel better for it, trust me.

Music always helped me get through rough times a few songs stood out for me.

The best deceptions - Dashboard confessional 

Rootless Tree - Damien Rice

Reckless - You me and Six

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I hope it just shows that no matter how low you feel there’s always light at the end of the tunnel.

Take it easy everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Aftershock879.2 said:

Even recently I’ve had texts off her saying she still loved me and regretted what happened, a long time ago that’s all I thought I ever wanted.

Are you in a happy relationship now? Why not just delete and block her?

Is it the one you found "repulsive"?:

I’m happily married now and have been with my now wife for years.

I don’t feel anything for her now, I was checking an old email account and remembered about this site from an email and how much it helped me at the time, so wanted to try help some others.

At the time I probably did find her repulsive, a lot of time has passed since then now I don’t feel anything, so getting a txt like that now means nothing.

When she found out I was with my now wife she tried to get me back but it was too late, best decision I ever made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1