Only meeting for a half an hour? Is this normal?

limichelle

Omg! That’s so weird with the house key trick. Don’t you feel so lucky the weirdo chose you? Lol 

I know my time will come for love. This just shows I’m not in a place or ready yet. 
I’ve met and talked to so many weirdos online. But I’ve been in good relationships. 

So the fact I’ve met good guys that resulted in a relationship means I’m doing something right. 

I guess I just need to sort through the weirdos to find another great guy! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, limichelle said:

Omg! That’s so weird with the house key trick. Don’t you feel so lucky the weirdo chose you? Lol 

I know my time will come for love. This just shows I’m not in a place or ready yet. 
I’ve met and talked to so many weirdos online. But I’ve been in good relationships. 

So the fact I’ve met good guys that resulted in a relationship means I’m doing something right. 

I guess I just need to sort through the weirdos to find another great guy! 

I don't think it shows anything other than this individual acted like a jerk.  A friend of mine met his wife -I believe through a dating site - after he had his lap band procedure years ago.  Before that he had less success (although he is and was a great person).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reinventmyself said:

He returned smiling and shared that he practices leaving his wallet in his car so he has a reason to leave.  He tells me I was a lucky one, because he doesn't often leave his house key with someone he doesn't plan on returning for. 

Ewwwwwwwwww!

The 30 minute timeframe is pretty standard these days, it's a quick meet before a 'real' date to learn whether there's enough chemistry for that kind of time investment.

On the other hand, this guy's statement about ?YOUR? shortcomings makes him a flat out loser.

While it's true that most people will NOT be a good match, this guy has zero finesse, and that's probably why he's not likely to find any match any time soon.

Head high, and don't be discouraged. Quick meeting is all about finding the needle in the hay, and the RIGHT person WILL see you through the right lens.

Everyone can't be that person.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, limichelle said:

Thanks Cat, I just dusted myself off and am back out there. I appreciate all the advice. I’m glad I saw his true colors. 

Yes! People will always show you early whether they're a good match or not. Just not always during the first meet, so keep those short enough to avoid over-investment.

Here's the drill as it was taught years ago by Dr. Joy Browne: Set up a bunch of quick meets for coffee on your way home from work. (This keeps you focused on the next one rather than investing too much in any given person.)

If you're stood up, it's no big deal. Take your coffee with you, and enjoy it on your way home. 

Agree up front not to corner the other for a real date on the spot. Either can invite the other afterward. If the answer is yes, the other responds, and if not, no response is necessary.

This prevents the kind of after-groaner you got from the first guy. Better to trust that someone who wants to meet you again will contact you afterward. If not, you're already focused on meeting the next one.

Most people are NOT our match. There's nothing 'wrong' with them or you, you're just seeking the secret code that only certain people will speak to one another.

EnjOy darling!!

• Like 1