Am I moving the relationship too fast?

So I (23f) started to see this guy (24m) on hinge. We've been texting pretty much everyday on Instagram dms since December 27th. Not like super long texts usually just good mornings and asking about each others day.

Over text I think we really hit it off and we were both excited to meet in person. So, we went on a date on the 14th and we seemed even more compatible in person. He was super nice and respectful of my boundaries (I had told him I had never dated/ been on a date before, and he would ask if I was okay with small things like holding hands and such) After our date we still wanted to hang out with eachother and we just walked around the mall holding hands. Eventually he asked to kiss me and I said yes. Then a little later he asked if I wanted to make out in his car and I said yes again.

We made out and again he was really respectful and asked if I was comfortable with him touching me. And I was. Afterwords we talked about another date and I left pretty happy about everything. He still texts me at least once a day and I got to say he's been on my mind a lot.

Now where I think I may have moved too fast. Yesterday I was feeling kind of flirty and I texted him a picture of me in bed. And long story short we sexted for a bit. We talked about what we were into and it felt kinda normal and not awkward like I thought it might be. I genuinely think I want to be boyfriend/girlfriend but I'm kinda anxious with how quick I'm falling. He's the only person I've ever been on a date with and I'm wondering if I'm letting that kinda blind me. I'm a pretty cautious person so this has been a little overwhelming being able to feel safe with someone so quickly. Any advice?

6 minutes ago, Curiousities3 said:

we went on a date on the 14th . we sexted for a bit. 

Slow down a bit if it's too fast for you. Focus on in person dates. One date that went well is great but texting/sexting is lazy. So rather then text, sext and DMs talk about when you will go on dates in person. Do stuff where you can get to know each other even if you are smitten.

There is no relationship yet.  You've been on one date.  (And please avoid next time getting in a stranger's car who you just met no matter how long you've been typing to each other). 

You're not moving a "relationship" too fast -sending sexy pictures doesn't have anything to do with getting to know a person in any meaningful way. You let him know that you are comfortable having him focus on your physical appearance and you are comfortable sharing what you like sexually.  So the "fast" part is you are sharing personal stuff with someone you've met one time. 

This would be fine if you wanted him to know you hope you two focus on getting to know each other's bodies and sexual preferences.  So it's not about fast or slow it's about your choice in how much to share and your choice to focus on sex and what you look like laying in your bed. 

I don't think it means you're falling for him at all - I think you wanted him to pay attention to you in a sexual way.  You may be very attracted to him.  That's separate from caring about him as a whole person.   If you regret focusing on sex you can tell him so but I'd do so simply and directly "I realize I gave you the impression that I want to get to know you sexually.  I do, in good time, if we decide to date and I also look forward to getting to know you overall.

• Like 1