Male co-worker issue

Hello,

There is a coworker who has been into me for about 2 years, but I con not accept him for personal reasons. There is almost nothing to tell about my relationship with him because nothing happened at all.

Yet, recently, he changed his behaviour toward me by being cold and even ignoring within a group of people. However, when I approached him to clarify the isssue, he tried to hug me over an argument.

The fact is that we still talk to each other but he still did not cool down.

I have been sick for aout two weeks, but he has never texted me not even once during my sick leave to ask about me. Very cruel!

Can anyone explain me what I should understand?

Thank you

19 minutes ago, Mariposa_1985 said:

I con not accept him for personal reasons. There is almost nothing to tell about my relationship with him because nothing happened at all.

I have been sick for aout two weeks, but he has never texted me not even once during my sick leave to ask about me. 

Why would someone at work you "can not accept for personal reasons" text you at home at all?

Are either of you married? Is this an affair? Are you dating?  

Sounds like you like the ego boost that he'd been a fan and paid attention to you. Now that you've lost that attention, you miss it and you're angry with him for stopping. You're playing with fire. You should have been treating him like any other co-worker, and expecting he didn't treat you any differently than any other co-worker. 

Obviously, he's not your friend, because friends check on you when you're sick, so realize this and that the new dynamic is for the better. Whether he's trying to distance himself from you for his own benefit, or to punish you for not going out with him, it doesn't matter. The only thing you should be doing is distancing yourself from the emotional energy you've poured into him. Be polite as you would with anyone at work, and make friends outside of work instead of relying on work as your social outlet.

• Like 2

Theres a lot of details missing here. But from what you've mentioned I would agree with "Andrina", I know sometimes it's nice to have someone give you attention but if bottom you just admitted within the first sentence that you don't like him for your own personal reasons then theres your answer. The only thing you liked about him or you two was you liked was the attention you were getting, thats it. 

Just see the situation for what it is, attaching emotions at work is never a great or beneficial thing it only makes things more complicated. Don't take offense to him not texting you anymore. After all, he's just a co worker anyway

Edited by electricorchid
  • Like 1

Your lines are seriously blurred. Decide how much your job and career mean to you. If not much, then go find another job until you find the right fit.

Be friendly with coworkers, but don't make them your social life. Keep that outside of work, and you won't need to seek attention from anyone on the job. You'll be too busy doing your work, and you'll be happy enough with work friends that don't impose an agenda--and you won't impose an agenda on any of them, either.

Head high

7 hours ago, Mariposa_1985 said:

There is a coworker who has been into me for about 2 years, but I con not accept him for personal reasons....

I have been sick for aout two weeks, but he has never texted me not even once during my sick leave to ask about me. Very cruel!

Can anyone explain me what I should understand?

You should understand where you stand.

If you say no to this coworker, then don't expect any well wishes. The end.