I am so confused...

hannah9

So I have a friend that I talk to, and one day I went to his lunch table to sit with him and his friends. This one guy was there and lets call him Bob. Bob was rude to me for no reason and we never met before but he was mean... I sat down and he asked me who I was and I didnt answer because I was puzzled for a bit, and then he said nevermind I dont care. The next day I went to my friends lunch table and he stuck his middle finger at me and I recorded it because it was funny and I was with my other friend. Another time I was in the hallway and he was there too, he looked at me and kept giving me this glare. I was so confused...¬†ūü§•¬†Some time after that I saw Bob in the hallway, I wanted to be funny so I bumped into him lightly but he took it very seriously, he pushed me hard and told me and my friend to get the *** out of his face... I never really spoke to him after that but we see each other when I walk out of my class, and we now have a class together. Today I walked out of my class and it was the most akward eye contact ever... I looked at him and he looked at me and then looked away then looked back. I am so confused, I get I was wrong to bump into him but I really didnt do anything other than that. Am I the problem or is he just weird?

I don't find this confusing.  This is a person you just met who was rude to you.  First impression -rude.  So then you choose to bump into him - having just met him -you get in his personal space (and isn't there social distancing right now in school?).  I absolutely hate that situation - I do not want someone I do not know or just met in my personal space or touching me.  He felt threatened and/or uncomfortable -and probably confused because he made it clear he didn't want to be around you and now you are in his personal space.

Yes I think you are the problem because for some reason after the first time you went back for more -he probably knows you recorded him and that's intrusive too.  Are you looking for trouble with someone who clearly is a person who has treated you rudely and meanly? Do you feel attracted to him -is that why? 

It's simple - avoid people who are rude to you the first time they meet you. Stay far away.  

• Like 1

How do you find any of this confusing?

And why would you 'bump' him or approach him at all( trying to be funny), knowing his bully-like behaviour?¬† He's nasty! ūüėē¬†

From him being so cold, giving you the finger to shoving you back?  That's a testy, toxic person.

You avoid and stay away from people like this. ( Can even consider speaking to someone of authority should he continue on at you, for no reason- just his awful attitude!).

For context are you male or female?

So this guy is a jerk but you blow it off.  Then he flips you off for no reason and then stares you down.

He sounds like a grade A jerk.  What does your mutual friend hang around him?

There is no confusion here.  He is an A hole and you bumping him made him feel challenged so he reacted like he did.  Bullies and jerks don't like being called out and that is what you did.

Ignore him and focus on the positive people around you.

Lost

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hannah9 said:

¬†I sat down and he asked me who I was and I didnt answer.¬† I recorded it because it was funny¬†¬†ūü§•¬†Some time after that I saw Bob in the hallway, I wanted to be funny so I bumped into him lightly¬†

Don't be a bully at school. Stop ignoring, recording and most of all assaulting other kids.

Get involved in your classes, good grades, sports, groups, clubs and make friends. Be nice to people.

When you act nasty and antagonist, you're going to make a lot of enemies. And get yourself in trouble.

Is there a problem at home? Talk to a trusted teacher or adult about your problems, if you can't talk to your parents.

If you can talk to your parents,ask them to take you to a psychologist and get a handle on bullying, aggression and pushing people.

6 hours ago, lostandhurt said:

For context are you male or female?

So this guy is a jerk but you blow it off.  Then he flips you off for no reason and then stares you down.

He sounds like a grade A jerk.  What does your mutual friend hang around him?

There is no confusion here.  He is an A hole and you bumping him made him feel challenged so he reacted like he did.  Bullies and jerks don't like being called out and that is what you did.

Ignore him and focus on the positive people around you.

Lost

im female