I love you?

Hey everyone and thanks for reading this. So I’ve been with my bf for almost a yr now and he has not fully came out and said I love you yet. He has slipped up a couple of times and said it (while drunk) and told me one evening he loves me to death, while we were having a talk. Is it wrong of me to question it since he’s never just came out and said I love you?  Is there something I can do to get him to open up about he feels about me? He doesn’t talk about his feelings at all and of course I’m overthinking how he truly feels. Any insight would be grateful. Thank you! 

17 minutes ago, Cosmic83 said:

Is it wrong of me to question it since he’s never just came out and said I love you?  Is there something I can do to get him to open up about he feels about me? 

How is the relationship overall? Are you happy? Do you see each other regularly? Is he loyal to you/exclusive? 

Are there other problems or arguments?  Do not confront him. Watch his actions.

"Talking about feelings" does not mean as much as how he treats you and how things are overall.

Do you think he loves you? Do you love him? How old is he? Not everyone is verbally effusive, so context matters.

• Like 2

Well if it was me, I'd be like, what the heck, it's the 21st Century and a woman can make the first move and tell the man she loves him! I'm a very "wear my heart on my sleeve" person so I always tell people how I feel about them. I think just say "I love you". If he feels it he should find it very easy to say it back! If he can't say it back then I think you might have a bit of an issue there lol

1 hour ago, Cosmic83 said:

there something I can do to get him to open up about he feels about me?

yes. you can ask him. 

You can't really blame him for not being open with his feelings. You are not being open with yours. What's with wanting to play little games?

If you need a guy to tell you he loves you and he doesn’t. what does that mean? ... is it because he doesn't love you? is it because he doesn't need to say it? is it because he doesn't know you want to hear it?

it can be any of those things. 

The only way to know your man is to ask him.  if you think there's a chance he doesn't love you, after a year, that's a problem.  

• Like 1