A couple of days ago my husband got angry with me (something unimportant and not even true) when we were driving to a progress my at my daughter's (not his) school. He scares me when he's angry in the car. So i insisted on getting out. He just got angrier, drove the car up over my legs twice (i was sitting on the grass) as if to run me over. He screamed and swore horribly. I stayed very calm and said i would not get back in the car until he stopped shouting at me. But he just got angrier. one or two cars paused as they drove by to watch. I was quite prepared to miss the meeting and tell the school i  was ill. Frankly, he had gone too far. I've been driven by him when he was angry many times and i made the decision not to be in that position ever again. Then he called my daughter twice and said i didn't care about her (fake calls, it turns out), threatened to call my father and say how horrid i was (my husband is nearly 60 so that sounded stupid), and filmed me sitting on a rock crying. I began to walk home and ultimately (after half an hour of abuse) he stopped shouting and we went to the meeting. In the car he simply said that i had no manners and that i had won. He's been away for two days (work) and not called me at all. He is due to return in two days, which coincidentally is my birthday and also the anniversary of my having a very late miscarriage a few years ago. It is a difficult day for me each year. He shouts at me a lot. My doctor has told me that my husband tried to control his other two wives too. i cannot go to my family right now for advice (new covid rules). I know my husband is a bully and i mostly shut up these days. But how do i manage my birthday and christmas? FYI i am on antidepressants. Thanks :)

11 minutes ago, clearsight said:

My doctor has told me that.....

You need to speak frankly and confidentially with your physician.

You need to file an emergency order of protection. While he is ordered to stay away make arrangements to extricate yourself.

If he is violent again call the police. Stop playing games with your and your child's life.

You also need to contact an attorney for filing divorce.

Get yourself and you child out of this abusive environment. Be honest with trusted friends and family about the abuse.

You are doing serious damage to your child subjecting her to his abuse. Ask her father to take her until you file a restraining order and get him away from her and the house.

Edited by Wiseman2

You need to get the frig the hell out.  That person is a lunatic! I am terrified for you and let me tell you why. I remember being five years old or so and being in a car that my father tried to run my mother over in . That was 50 years ago and I have never forgotten it. And I never will. Due to that incident and many others I now have PTSD. If you don’t want to get out for you please get out for your daughter you need to contact some kind of shelter for a safe way to get out of this nut hatchery. 

Edited by Seraphim
  • Thanks 1

You don't need to ask for advice from your family, you need to ask for their help to escape this abusive and very dangerous man. I get it, it's embarrassing, worried what they would think. They are your family, of course they will protect you and your daughter. We aren't judging you, so why would they.

And for the love of god, do not let him know anything.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1

You are telling me this lunatic drove over your legs with a car and later you got up and walked?  How is that even possible?  I find that hard to believe.

Why are you with this guy?  He's an abusive bully.  You need to get out, with your child, and go to shelter if you cant afford a hotel.    Talk to a lawyer asap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clearsight said:

He just got angrier, drove the car up over my legs twice (i was sitting on the grass) 

I began to walk home

I'm just a little stuck on the above.  If he literally drove the car "over your legs twice" .... how did you manage to walk?  I would think if the legs were not broken due to having a CAR drive over them, then at the very least they would have enough trauma/damage to require an ambulance/medical help.  Am I misreading/misunderstanding?  I'm so confused. 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you need to look at this situation for what it is. You are in an abusive marriage and you should take children and leave this man.

Consider it a Christmas and birthday present to you and the kids. 

If you can't do it for yourself, do it for the kids.  They are being abused in this, too