Anyone here get a tattoo and be diabetic ?

What part of your body would you have the tattoo? The first few days will be raw or a fresh wound as you scab. If you take a little longer to heal, then take extra care during this time as your body closes the wound. I found air drying during the first few days speeds healing as opposed to putting anything on it. This might be something to note if you're worried about healing.

Once the area dries and skin closes, moisturize lightly. I use Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizer which can be found in most pharmacies. It's light, absorbs easily, I don't get a reaction because it's for sensitive skin and doesn't clog pores or interfere with healing. Wear light clothing. You're moisturizing so that the scabbing process doesn't pull out too much ink and help the skin rehydrate after trauma.

It would be best to speak with your doctor as he/she has your medical history if you have any other concerns. 

Also a side note, red dyes are more reactive and there are more reports of issues with healing due to the chemicals used. Look into this if you're incorporating reds. The most stable, least toxic ink is black. 

8 hours ago, Rose Mosse said:

What part of your body would you have the tattoo? The first few days will be raw or a fresh wound as you scab. If you take a little longer to heal, then take extra care during this time as your body closes the wound. I found air drying during the first few days speeds healing as opposed to putting anything on it. This might be something to note if you're worried about healing.

Once the area dries and skin closes, moisturize lightly. I use Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizer which can be found in most pharmacies. It's light, absorbs easily, I don't get a reaction because it's for sensitive skin and doesn't clog pores or interfere with healing. Wear light clothing. You're moisturizing so that the scabbing process doesn't pull out too much ink and help the skin rehydrate after trauma.

It would be best to speak with your doctor as he/she has your medical history if you have any other concerns. 

Also a side note, red dyes are more reactive and there are more reports of issues with healing due to the chemicals used. Look into this if you're incorporating reds. The most stable, least toxic ink is black. 

It would be on my inner forearm. I want this . 

175E091E-DC44-41F2-A10A-CFC4688FAF07.jpeg

I talked to the tattoo artist and she said it is more the adrenaline which causes my sugar levels to rise dramatically from the pain. Adrenaline and cortisol cause glucose levels to rise. Well, that has been my entire life so no wonder it creates insulin resistance combined with my genetics and sometimes eating habits in the past. 

I am really good with pain tolerance. I have trigeminal neuralgia and migraines and have had frozen shoulder and gallbladder attacks and many broken bones, and childbirth. Most of it unmedicated . I should be ok. 

• Like 1