I am worried

So i have an annonymous account on youtube, so i can engage while being anonymous. my friends dosent even know this youtube account only me.

i have a couple of weird videos i put up on it years ago just to test the upload process on youtube.

and suddenly i got comments on those videos that knows my exact name, my address and my 5month old son's name that isnt even in social media yet. 

there were a couple of accounts that commented the same thing like spam.

i am getting worried did i bump into the wrong people? feels like a threat

Sounds like someone who knows you well in real life and knows/traced your e-mail address to youtube, which isn't hard to do, btw, and is now harassing you. It would be very unlikely that some random hacker would dig up your 5 months old child's name when it's not posted on social media. Look close to home here for what's going on and who might be doing this.

1 minute ago, DancingFool said:

Sounds like someone who knows you well in real life and knows/traced your e-mail address to youtube, which isn't hard to do, btw, and is now harassing you. It would be very unlikely that some random hacker would dig up your 5 months old child's name when it's not posted on social media. Look close to home here for what's going on and who might be doing this.

yeah weird thing is that this account is not tied to any social media i am the only one who knows this account. i checked the channels of this guy and he has some threatening videos on there he commented a bunch of nonsense things too. 

and this youtube's email isnt even tied to my main social media accounts. 

you think that's still possible to trace it back to my social media?

45 minutes ago, yamajii89 said:

i am the only one who knows this account. 

YouTube is visible by anyone on the internet. Shut it down and delete the content asap. No need to have a YouTube channel/account. Anonymous or otherwise.

Review ALL your social media and messaging apps. Delete and block any dead weight. Review ALL your privacy settings. Make sure your content is only available to people you know and trust.

Could it be your wife or her friends/family?

13 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

YouTube is visible by anyone on the internet. Shut it down and delete the content asap. No need to have a YouTube channel/account. Anonymous or otherwise.

Review ALL your social media and messaging apps. Delete and block any dead weight. Review ALL your privacy settings. Make sure your content is only available to people you know and trust.

Could it be your wife or her friends/family?

nah we resolve that issue with my wife its not resentment she shows all the love and affection and all the appriciation in the world to me and our kid, she said she just dosent want to risk another baby so we got family planning and got herself a shot so she cant get pregnant in the next 3 months and everyone is happy.

i dont know if she is capable of doing this tho she is busy with her own business she owns a restaurant and i do online marketing etc...

anyways i suspect one of my old mates is doing it. or it could just be a hacker. i'll delete everything that has to do with that account

• Like 1