I lost my best friend

Pink26

I can not believe I am writing another I lost my best friend to suicide letter but I am . He was the first person I spoke to when I woke up and the last person that I would text good night. I could tell him anything and everything he would never judge me  . He knew how to  get  me to talk . I wasn’t someone who found it easy to talk to people but with him it was different. I am just wondering what people believe happens to our soul once we are gone . Everyone has different beliefs . I was hoping that he would come visit me or let me know some how that he’s still here . This hurts so bad and I’m trying to process the information and deal with it the best that I can . 

Don't apologize, you should be expressing your thoughts. But you need more help than we can offer. Are you seeing a therapist or participating in a grief or suicide group? It can be very helpful for working through your feelings and thoughts so you can move forward. You will never forget, but you do have a future. 

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for your loss, I lost my best friend to cancer, so I know what you're going through.

It's heartbreaking.

I lost my friend nearly 4 years ago now, and although I survived the grief process, I still can't talk about them without having tears.

Take your time, be gentle on yourself. Allow yourself to grieve, but also allow yourself to have a rest now and then. Your friend wouldn't want you to be overwhelmed with grief to the point where you're sad all the time, right?

Take as long as you need to with the grieving process. There is no set time on how long it will take for you to process their loss.

What do I believe happens to us after death? I'm not entirely sure. I think the two theories that resonate with me the most, is that because our spirits are energy, our physical bodies may die, but our spirits continue on, in energy form.

We are out of pain, no longer have sadness, or suffering.

But where do our spirits go? Again, I am not entirely sure. 

It could be a type of heaven, or we could be reincarnated. 

Either way, I do believe that we are at peace once we pass. 

Remember all the good memories you shared with your friend. Those are yours, forever.

Whenever you feel sad, close your eyes, and revisit a memory that you and your friend created together.

A happy memory, a memory that bring a smile to your face.

As long as those that passed are kept alive in our memories, they are never really gone.

Take care of yourself. ❤️

• Like 1

What was something he believed strongly in? Did he advocate for anything that you also agree with? You can choose to remember him that way if you wish and also adopt and advocate for the things that he did in remembrance. His spirit lives on with you and other lives he has touched. That's what I believe. And that there is a resting place for souls. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

One of his best friends kept asking my friends if I would meet with him to talk ( I’m guessing to reminisce). I said ok then he asks which friend I would want to come with me . Then he said oh you’re working on your marriage I can’t . I’m so confused. I thought he wanted to talk about his friend. Then I thought is he just saying that so I won’t cancel and make it seem like he won’t be there . He was asking for months to talk to me . Everyone told him give her some time . I’m confused why would you go through all that trouble to back down . 🤔

24 minutes ago, Pink26 said:

One of his best friends kept asking my friends if I would meet with him to talk ( I’m guessing to reminisce). I said ok then he asks which friend I would want to come with me . Then he said oh you’re working on your marriage I can’t . I’m so confused. I thought he wanted to talk about his friend. Then I thought is he just saying that so I won’t cancel and make it seem like he won’t be there . He was asking for months to talk to me . Everyone told him give her some time . I’m confused why would you go through all that trouble to back down . 🤔

What does any of this have to do with your marriage? 

Are you interested in this man and still married to someone else?

Edited by Rose Mosse