Is it a sign of cheating when your partner shaves their pubes out of nowhere?

Hi,

We've been together for 5 years. We are LDR at the moment while I finish college but I spend every break with him, I just spent three months with him over summer break. Today when we were video chatting he showed me his genitalia out of nowhere and he said that he shaved it which is something he hasn't done in years. Call me insecure, but when I asked him why he said he just decided to do it since he was trimming his sideburns. But, I just think that's a weird thing to do out of nowhere and I think he has been spending time with some chick from work or something.

He said he gave someone a ride to work yesterday because their car broke down or something but didn't say much else and he has mentioned that he went to go look at some kittens at some chick's house. I just have a really bad feeling about all of this.

32 minutes ago, JustCallMeClueless said:

time with some chick from work or something. He said he gave someone a ride to work yesterday because their car broke down .he went to go look at some kittens at some chick's house. 

Are you exclusive? It's possible he's sowing some wild oats because LDRs are frustrating and too difficult.

It's not about the shaving. Does he usually give you a video tour of his junk?🌭

Do yourselves a favor and set each other free. That way you can date other guys and not have to constantly worry about him.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Are you exclusive? It's possible he's sowing some wild oats because LDRs are frustrating and too difficult.

It's not about the shaving. Does he usually give you a video tour of his junk?🌭

Do yourselves a favor and set each other free. That way you can date other guys and not have to constantly worry about him.

Yes, we are exclusive. 

• Like 1

Is there anything you're not mentioning that would cause you not to trust him?

People don't generally shave in stages--either the hair is on or off--right out of the blue!

Stages might be trimming then deciding to shave, but I wouldn't connect that with cheating unless you have other concerns prior to this. If so, what are those? 

Was your gut telling you something before he shaved his junk?

Shaving in itself doesn't mean anything so don't put to much stock in that.

His over sharing about coworkers or where he has been with someone does not mean he is not cheating.  In fact cheaters often sprinkle some truth into their lies just in case.  Suppose someone you both knew saw him with some girl and it got back to you.  He would say "remember when I told you I went to __________ blank with that girl to look at ________"  Then he is covered and you are in the dark.

All in all I agree you are either insecure or there is something bothering you that you cannot put your finger on and this clean shave brought it up to this.

Stay silent and keep your eyes and ears open and see if you see any other signs.  Or just drop it and chalk it up to being apart trying to make it work.

Without trust there is no true love...

Lost

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...