Physical Appearance = Single?

Hi there,

Nice to meet everybody! 😊 I'm new to the forum. I'm actually on another forum for mental health, but I came here because I wanted to focus more on relationships. A little about me: I live at home and work a part-time job tutoring English and reading. I'm a big movie buff. I'm also a Pokemon fan. For many years I've struggled with OCD and depression. But I'm most insecure about the fact that I'm 27 and I've never had a romantic relationship. I've never even gone on a date. For online dating sites, I've only ever tried Bumble and while that did give me some hope that I could be attractive, nothing panned out.

See I was born with a birthmark on my nose and lip called a hemangioma. While I've had 11 surgeries to correct it, I still have some scars. I would say that they're not that noticeable anymore, but they must be to some degree because guys don't show much interest in me. Has anybody here struggled after getting reconstructive surgery with finding a partner? After my last surgery, I haven't been happy with the way I look. But it would cost too much money and stress to have another one. What do you do when you know you're not content with your appearance, but there's not a lot you can do to change it? And have you found success in love?

In one of your other threads you said your best friend finds you attractive. So obviously you are attractive!

We are not going to be attractive to everyone. But we don't need to be. And not everyone who's in a relationship is beautiful. Plain and even unattractive people are in relationships too. Just look around.

• Thanks 1