How do I improve myself

Lumi

I'm a 15 year old boy and I'm just about to do my gcses and go into higher education but I don't fit in anywhere everything I enjoy I'm really average at. Also I'm average to lower average on looks and I have close to zero social skills (because of my autism and other mental conditions.) so I just sit in my room watching gore or horror movies and playing ps4. I've started to hate people I just seem to attract awful people who are just ***ty to me I just wanna find my niche and find someone to love where do I start to do that.

Aww 😕 ... be easy on yourself & give things time.

I have a son with autism and he's got his challenges as well

He's fresh out of school now & hired on by a decent boss/ company that was easy on him ( through co-op).  I am gad for this, because of how things challenge him sometimes ( to extreme) 😕 .

He enjoys a few things ( working with cars, his gaming, hanging at grandparents - dogs, and has only about 2 real friends) . I have split from their dad yrs ago, so he also hangs with him on occasion still & his brother.

As mentioned , try volunteering. Animal shelter, etc. - Speak with your schooling ( counsellors) they can help I'm sure.

And re: dating etc, My son would rather work towards getting enough money to buy a truck he favours.  Will take a good while, as he makes just over min wage.. but it's his goal.  He's not interested in dating (  probably because he see's the expectations & challenges involved, lol).  And that's all fine 🙂 .

So... a few things to consider and to get there, you need to explore your options & seek help, if you feel you need some.

• Like 1

Well believe it or not, I totally know how you feel because when I was a teenager, my parents kept moving around a lot and I kept going to four different high schools and was very hard to make friends. The good news is it gets better! I finished school like 18/19 years ago now so I'm speaking from experience!

I think maybe some of what you're saying is actually your low self-esteem talking and you being harsh on yourself. I'm sure you are good at some things! I know this because everyone is good at something. 

Buy to really get out of your shell and make new friends, unfortunately you will actually need to leave the house and not just stay home all the time in front of the TV and Playstation. Some good ways to make new friends is to join extra curricular activities at school, such as a social club or some kind of activities club. Do you have these at school?

You could also join some groups like these outside of school too. I went to some youth groups during school and after school too in my early to mid 20's. I made a lot of friends there and some of them I still speak to now. 

Also you could so some volunteer work. Do you have any hobbies and interests apart from TV and video games? I think you should try to pursue those because sitting at home won't do you too much good if you're feeling low already.

Also don't put too much pressure on yourself to be "good" at things. You are only 15 years old, you're so young. Just focus on school, doing well so you can go to university or do whatever you want after school. Try different things out and don't worry if you're not good at some things because that's normal. 

• Like 2

Holing up to watch gore won't help you to like people any better--just the opposite. 

And when you hate people, they sense this and avoid you, so you'll only end up hating more.

Why not try breaking this cycle by exploring other interests and learning whether you can find some common ground to like about someone else?

• Like 1

It's ok to be average, especially at 15. You don't want your life to peak in your teenage years anyway.

I'm guessing you just haven't found anything that really grabs you and your passion.

In your shoes, l would keep trying new things... classes or groups.  Make a plan to get out of the house at least once a week..  Is there a gaming store near you? You know where you can go hang around, look at stuff, talk to people that work there about the common interest?