Lost ALL intimacy in my relationship

Charlie94

Hi guys. 

I’ve been reluctant to posting this. As, I am very embarrassed by it all. I’ll start by saying I am a 26 male, and I’ve been in a relationship, almost 5 years. With my girlfriend, who’s 26 female.

The relationship started off as many so, honeymoons stage, where you’re all loved up etc. However, things changed around 24 months ago  

During the last 24 months. ALL intimacy in the relationship has gone. Nothing. It’s as if we are friends. We have a house together now, which is really nice, but intimacy for me is very important. I try and ask my girlfriend, and really don’t get a response. 

I am wondering if there’s anything I can do? I want that spark back. 

Any help is grateful. 

thank you!

42 minutes ago, Charlie94 said:

During the last 24 months. ALL intimacy in the relationship has gone. Nothing. It’s as if we are friends. We have a house together now

Sorry this is happening. When did you move in together?

Are there issues with finances, work, dividing up errands, chores, responsivities.

Is there someone else either of you have your eye on? Have either of you let yourselves go? Do you both work?

Are you caught up in domestic drudgery, forgetting dates, romance, etc.? 

Have either of you started drinking, taking drugs, getting caught up in hobbies?

Usually withdrawal from sex/intimacy has to do with unspoken/unresolved conflict. 

Have you talked about goals such as marriage family, etc.? 

• Like 1

Agree with above about unresolved conflicts. Arguing lots will do it.

Rule of thumb - never argue. It’s hard for sure sometimes, but arguing should always be avoided - kills intimacy.

Are you focussed on your purpose, mission, goals and making progress? 

Also, try and treat her like you did when you first met her...