Did I overreact by blocking him?

Jeepgobeep

8 minutes ago, Jeepgobeep said:

This dude mentioned beta males several times. 

Eh, that's typical internet vernacular these days.

If you know the game, wasn't the first clue the fact than a random guy with an anonymous profile contacted you out of the blue? 

That would have instantly told me he's hiding himself for a reason. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Jeepgobeep said:

This is exactly why I blocked him! I hated sitting there being like....why isn't he messaging? Will I ever hear from him again? 

So go out and shake it off. It doesn't have to be a very big deal.  I'm sure the firefighter profile is alluring in some way but you know there are other men who fly under the radar and are much more put together than this and less shady. Good for you for blocking. 

Anything that triggers such reaction is not good for you, when you feel hurt find a positive way to release the feelings from your system. Shouldn't hold on to it, it might take time but with patience and effort day by day you can get there. Keep yourself busy with some hobbies or activities it could be anything. Work on yourself so you are happy and content with any situation, like for example your neighbor may own a swanky cool looking luxury car and you just drive your own fav car.

I have tried to go through the 4 pages of posts on this thread to get myself up to speed.  I am going through a similar situation.  I was with a man for nearly 7 years who in some respects was great, but left me burned and unable to date for quite some time.  

While healing, I grew my hair long, lost 10 pounds, moved to a beach town and got as fit as I can be.  This healing process took about 2 years before the ‘dating Olympics’ commenced this summer. I also do not partake in online dating and prefer to meet men organically. 

The likelihood of you meeting another guy through IG similar to the fireman is slim to none and you may want to start going out to meet people. I would be grateful for this experience as it was you first guy (I assume) after your ex.  Give yourself a pat on the back for this. Being with someone else can be difficult and take some time to come to fruition. I feel at this point, it will be easier for you to meet potential partners as the first, post-ex is always the most difficult.

If the fireman is as attractive as you say and he is in fact a fireman, you are playing the ‘high stakes.’ Dating men who are superlatives are always harder to land - not impossible, just harder.  My suggestion to you is to start dating a few men at a time.  This way you won’t be crushed if they don’t reach out or meet you expectations.  Sometimes life just gets busy.  You waiting around for three weeks seems counterproductive. Ideally, you should have someone else to date to get your mind off of the fireman, even if he is not your absolute ideal guy.

Do you live somewhere that you can go out and meet people?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sadchick83 said:

The likelihood of you meeting another guy through IG similar to the fireman is slim to none and you may want to start going out to meet people. I would be grateful for this experience as it was you first guy (I assume) after your ex.  Give yourself a pat on the back for this. Being with someone else can be difficult and take some time to come to fruition. I feel at this point, it will be easier for you to meet potential partners as the first, post-ex is always the most difficult.

I don't think she should consider this interaction as getting back out there -this is a man who she met briefly and slept with.  It's not getting back out there as far as dating someone and getting to know someone with potential for more dates and a relationship down the road if that happens.  I would prefer she see this as just a quick hook up and if she's ready to actually date not to go about it via IG but rather to meet men through shared activities or online dating sites where she doesn't date online -she meets in person ASAP and screens out those focused on having sex right away or who might be unsafe for her.

Look to be honest I think this guy is just plain dodgy and he was just looking for sex in the first place. I don't actually think you were going to get anything else from him anymore because he was hardly replying to you after he got sex. I don't think he was going to ask you out on any date or anything like that. He only wanted sex and he made it clear right from the start. Yes he probably is a player but a man can only be a player if the women are playing the game, you know? He said upfront he wanted sex and you agreed to have it. Then you felt bad and insecure afterwards because he wasn't messaging you but you did actually know the arrangement from the start.