Dating a divorced mom advice

Vansmack

So I met a really nice woman online. who’s divorced and has two girls from her previous marriage. As for dating her it’s been tough considering I’ve only met her twice. Both dates went very well and at the end of the second date we had a great kiss. Since then we’ve both been extremely busy with our schedules. We have texted a fair amount since the second date and when she doesn’t respond to me I typically give it a couple days to text her again. I tried to meet up with her but she had her kids this past weekend. She’s very supportive of what I do and my question is now should I call her this week or text her again to see if she wants to meet up? I like her a lot but there are a few red flags with her ex and her kids. Any advice is appreciated!

4 minutes ago, Vansmack said:

Since then we’ve both been extremely busy with our schedules. We have texted a fair amount since the second date and when she doesn’t respond to me I typically give it a couple days to text her again.

Ok, after two dates, you are both talking to and meeting others.

No one is "too busy" for what they are truly interested in.

Ask her out one more time, when she is available. If you keep getting the busy signal just move forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vansmack said:

So I met a really nice woman online. who’s divorced and has two girls from her previous marriage. As for dating her it’s been tough considering I’ve only met her twice. Both dates went very well and at the end of the second date we had a great kiss. Since then we’ve both been extremely busy with our schedules. We have texted a fair amount since the second date and when she doesn’t respond to me I typically give it a couple days to text her again. I tried to meet up with her but she had her kids this past weekend. She’s very supportive of what I do and my question is now should I call her this week or text her again to see if she wants to meet up? I like her a lot but there are a few red flags with her ex and her kids. Any advice is appreciated!

What are the red flags with her ex and kids? 

4 hours ago, Vansmack said:

we’ve both been extremely busy with our schedules. We have texted a fair amount since the second date and when she doesn’t respond to me I typically give it a couple days to text her again. I tried to meet up with her but she had her kids this past weekend.

Fine, if one is 'busy'. . BUT, it does sound like it's mainly you trying to 'give' in this.  Waiting a cpl days then texting her again?  IF someone is truly interested, I am sure they would gladly keep up communications.

Having time with kids is all normal when dating someone with kids.

And as already asked, what's the red flags re: her ex and kids?

Sure, you can ask if she wants to meet up as long as you're realistic that she's busier than you are because she's a mother of two daughters.  (I'm a mother of two sons and I know how overwhelming motherhood responsibilities are.)  Time is very limited.  Then there are red flags with her ex and her kids.  This dynamic with her will be challenging.  Lower your expectations.  Only time and your patience or lack thereof will determine whether or not this relationship with this woman will endure.  Let circumstances guide you.