Getting with my (18F) long discance crush (23M)

Hey :)

So, because I (18F) am a very shy person (I've never been diagnosed with social anxiety, but I relate to a lot of the symptoms), I have always been scared to date - scared to put myself out there and actually TALK to the people I like (scary thing). But some time ago, I have visited a city which is like 6 hours away from my home with my sister and we met a friend of hers there. And well, we spent some time together. Even though it was mostly my sister who talked to him, I developed a crush on him. (I don't think he really felt the same, although he spent one hour editing a picture which only I was on - he's into photography)

My sister and I have been home for some time now and I decided that I want to try and act on that crush - which I have never done before. But now I feel kind of powerless and miserable since he lives so far away. He and my sister know each other from playing games together, so she suggested I join them when he's there. But she also said that it'll probably take some time until she can arrange something.

Now here comes my big problem where I hope u guys can give me some advice: How do I get in contact with him without being too obvious? My sister gave me his number, but texting him would be obvious, wouldn't it? I know he does live streams (sadly not that often), so would it be weird to interact with him via life chat? Or do I text him via discord which he uses sometimes? Is it a dealbreaker to make your interest too obvious? I'm so clueless honestly, and so scared of butchering it. Help :c

I know this crush will go away as time passes but I've never felt so close to actually acting on my crush and getting out of my comfort zone. Thank you so so much in advance for your advice!

14 minutes ago, xuanxuan said:

I have visited a city which is like 6 hours away from my home with my sister and we met a friend of hers there. Even though it was mostly my sister who talked to him, I developed a crush on him.

What is your sisters relationship with him that she would travel 6 hrs. to meet him?

Are they gaming friends? How much does she really know about him?

If you would like, connect on social media, but keep it neutral and friendly. 

Just friend/follow and do a few likes and nice comments. Do not blurt anything out. Just be friendly.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

What is your sisters relationship with him that she would travel 6 hrs. to meet him?

Are they gaming friends? How much does she really know about him?

Ahh I think I worded it quite poorly: My sister and I planned this trip to Berlin just because we wanted to go there, not necessarily to visit him. It was just a happy coincidence that he lived there as well and so she arranged a meeting. She's known him for almost a year now, but it's a rather casual friendship I think - so she doesn't know him on a deeper level - I think gaming friends describes it pretty well.

And thank you for the advice, that's really helpful!

• Thanks 1