My boyfriend coworkers text him a lot and one of them send heart emoji

Hello I’m new here. 
I need a little advice.. so my bf is a manager and he has coworkers text him all the time (these coworkers are only girls) & they text not just for work stuff but for other things like “their family, their ex bf, talking crap of other coworkers, etc” I don’t like that they text him all the time. & last night I saw that one of them send him a thank you with a heart emoji (a yellow heart) & I am now upset. I haven’t told him anything about it but should I make it a big deal or keep quiet since I already have mention that I don’t like his coworkers texting him. Why did the girl send a heart emoji & this is his other manager for a different store that send that. Did she just send it as a nice gesture or is there a meaning to it? 

Never expect a partner to change in a major way. If he were the type of person who established boundaries, he would have told his employees to only send work-related texts and that he didn't want them to communicate their personal business to him.

He hasn't done this so he likes thing as is. You communicated your thoughts on what you perceive as a problem and he doesn't care what you think. And if you don't know what the heart emoji could mean from the girl, what makes you think anybody else would?

Since you don't like that behavior in a bf, get a new bf.

• Like 2

How do you know what they write? Is he telling and showing you or you snoop around?

Also, according to "dictionary":

"The yellow heart emoji, 💛, can convey love, just like any other heart symbol or emoji, but its yellow color often gets used to show liking and friendship (as opposed to romantic love). Its color also works with expressions of happiness—and with all things yellow, from sports team colors to dresses."

There, emoji science. 😁

Girls send that stuff all the time today so it might mean nothing. However, that lack of personal and professional boundaries is concerning. 

1 hour ago, Lovkim said:

I already have mention that I don’t like his coworkers texting him. 

Is it part of his job? As a manager he can't engage in sexual harassment including flirting with coworkers, etc.

Unfortunately he can text, call, talk to whoever he wants, that's not really your call.

There must be something else going on either from your past or from general relationship issues that is making you uneasy about his contact with coworkers.

Do you think he's cheating or is he inappropriate?

3 hours ago, Lovkim said:

Hello I’m new here. 
I need a little advice.. so my bf is a manager and he has coworkers text him all the time (these coworkers are only girls) & they text not just for work stuff but for other things like “their family, their ex bf, talking crap of other coworkers, etc” I don’t like that they text him all the time. & last night I saw that one of them send him a thank you with a heart emoji (a yellow heart) & I am now upset. I haven’t told him anything about it but should I make it a big deal or keep quiet since I already have mention that I don’t like his coworkers texting him. Why did the girl send a heart emoji & this is his other manager for a different store that send that. Did she just send it as a nice gesture or is there a meaning to it? 

It sounds friendly to me, nothing insidious there. Break up if you dislike his mannerisms and behaviours or sense he’s a flirt. This is the way he runs things at work, communicates with his cohorts and maintains his work relationships. You will have to decide overall whether your personalities clash or you’re incompatible.

Do you have any other examples of inappropriate behaviour? 

How long have you been involved with him?

Is not his fault if some co worker says 'thank you w/ a heart'.  He has no control over that.

Are there signs he's just a little flirty or are you assuming he's truly messing around on you?

Is common for some people ( often guys) to enjoy a little flirting, as long as they don't cross the lines.

4 hours ago, Lovkim said:

Did she just send it as a nice gesture or is there a meaning to it? 

We aren't her, so we cannot answer that with any degree of certainty. 

I know adults who use emojis practically to punctauate their sentences - and yes, that might include hearts or kisses or whatever else. For many, it is quite meaningless. 

It all depends on the individuals involved though. Your boyfriend has got a lot of women texting him, but does he also message with a lot of male friends? Or do you feel he lacks boundaries with these women? 

I'm a manager and do text coworkers after hours about other stuff/gossip/some personal things but no heart emojis here. It would be too weird. But a yellow heart I would take it as friendship thing. People bond with their coworkers because you work as a team, and see them all day. Some sarcastic type flirting, arm punching, ribbing/teasing like junior high does take place because you all are so comfortable with each other. I have had plenty of work husbands over the years...not in a sexual manner of course but same manner of bickering like we are married. I wouldn't sweat it.

• Like 1